Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100
countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety
of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover
three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth
for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• The REACH project seeks to build Climate Resilience across 14 districts in northern Ghana.
• Through extensive capacity building measures on Conservation Agriculture, Community Engagement and improved planning and policies on District level, the challenges of climate change for rural areas are tackled.
• The Project is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. It is part of the EU Ghana Agricultural Programme which is implemented together with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of Ghana (MoFA).
Scope of Role:
• As a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor you are responsible for the Result Oriented Monitoring and several evaluation
activities of the project.
• In a team with a second M&E Advisor, you develop tools and methodologies to capture and track the projects progress and thereby provide important information for the steering of its processes.
• At the same time, you ensure that the necessary data for reporting and communication is available. Additionally, you are responsible for the implementation of a process to introduce the instrument of Sustainable Environmental Assessments at the 14 MMDAs of the projects joint programme area and manage the evaluation of selected project impacts.
• Develops the monitoring structure based on the project logframe, gathers baseline data, develops project implementation lines, and ensures continuous progress indicator tracking to be utilized by management and project team
• Effectively links the project monitoring system with the EU-GAP structures and the EU monitoring system
• Plans and Guides data collection in corporation with technical project staff and the Regional/District Planning and Coordination Units in an attempt to evaluate selected project impacts.
• Steers the process to implement a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) capacity-building programme
• Is responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting meetings or workshops, with a focus on M&E
• Supports project management with progress reviews and potential adjustments to the log frame structure
• Collects input and produces the annual narrative report to the EU Delegation Ghana
• Maintains the frequent exchange and a planned joint reporting mechanism with the M&E focal points of EU Ghana Agriculture Programme (EUGAP)
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in social sciences, monitoring & evaluation, development planning or any relevant field for the position.
• 3 years’ work experience in an M&E Position with a track record on developing and setting up monitoring systems.
• Work experience with public sector institutions and experience in the field of sustainable environmental analysis.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge in quantitative/qualitative analysis, and the ability to produce structured reports.
• Experience in collecting and analyzing agricultural/environmental as well as socio-economic data.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, proven skill in report writing.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Team, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent knowledge of English; Knowledge of local languages of Upper West is a strong asset.
• Strong knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. data analysis programmes such as R, STATA, SPSS,
Power BI etc.).
• Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation, and negotiation skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter stating their motivation to the position and added value to the project to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2024/REACH-M&E/02/02 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 19 February, 2024