CV & Cover Letters - Advice For Jobs & University Applications CV & Cover Letters - Advice For Jobs & University Applications

CV & Cover Letters – Advice for Jobs & University Applications

Posted by | 27/01/2020 | CV & Cover Letters in Ghana 2020, Career Advice & Tips in Ghana 2020

CV & Cover Letters  for All Situations

Whether you’re applying for a job, a scholarship or to get into your dream university course, writing a covering letter and CV is a real art.Read on to discover useful tips on writing CV & cover letters for all situations.

Read on to find some useful tips that are applicable to CV and Letter Writing for all situations – Job Application, University Applications and Scholarship Applications.

Make sure your covering letter is short and snappy – they will be reading hundreds of them, so if something’s not necessary, don’t include it.

A good cover letter will make the reader want to know more about you. It is, first and foremost, a good piece of writing that tells your story.

Employers want someone who’s different, with distinctive skills. But different doesn’t always mean ‘quirky’! Think of the industry you want to work in: if you’re applying to work at a prestigious law firm, a pink CV might not go down well!

Generic CVs don’t work: they need to be tailored to the job you’re applying for. While 75% of your CV (such as your personal details, education and work experience) will remain the same, the other 25% (for example: a personal statement, a skills profile or the more granular details about what you studied for a certain subject) needs to be relevant to that job

Look at the job description and what the employer is looking for, and match that with your experience
Give concrete examples. It’s simple to state you’ve got excellent connection skills, but you want to back it upwards with evidence.

Did an individual volunteer at a aid line, or work inside customer service? Or have been you part of a new debating team? Say that!

Should you be applying for a new place at uni, they will will want to realize: why should you decide to use an individual and why do an individual want to study this specific course?

If you’re asked for the interview, your potential tutors might ask an individual questions about books, motion pictures or anything else an individual might have mentioned in your current personal statement – thus don’t lie, is to do your current research!

Of course, that goes without saying: spellcheck your application and help to make sure your grammar is usually impeccable.

152 total views, 2 today

Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Answer this question to prove you are human

1 + 1 = ?

  1.    3
  2.    1
  3.    2
Just select the correct answers among the proposed

two + six =

Creat a Job Alert