WeGrow Project hackathon Details
The WeGrow Project hackathon, which is slated for the 13th -15th July 2021, will be held in Accra and will provide participants with the opportunity to build solutions that directly solve challenges faced in cocoa-producing regions of Ghana, and become active participants in the technological evolution of the industry.
The three days fully residential events will encompass design thinking sprints, small presentations to the MEST team of experts, rapid prototyping and a final showcase where the winning teams(s) will be selected. Applicants must be able to dedicate the entire three days to the event.
Successful applicants will be placed into teams of 3 based on their qualifications and core issues they will be addressing. The winning team will receive a 7 incubation programme to continue building out their solution.
The hackathon will be taking place in Accra, and therefore participants applying from outside of the city will be responsible for their own transport to and from the city.
Accommodations will be provided throughout the duration of the three-day event (starting from the 12th).
The last day will end at 2 pm to enable participants’ return to their homes.
Key Focus Areas:
– Cocoa Farming and Processing
– Skills Development (Agriculture)
Key Criteria for Applicants:
– Must be resident in Ghana
– Has knowledge of/experience within the business, tech, entrepreneurship or agriculture sectors
– Is interested in building a tech-based/digital business in the agricultural sector, specifically within the
– Is able to dedicate four days to the event and 7 additional months (part-time) being incubated should your
– Is interested in helping in build-out tech-enabled agriculture solutions for rural farming communities
– Has experience working/living within agriculture-focused regions of Ghana