VIVA Girls Call for Proposals
Apply for a 12-month grant (financial support), and/or actively encourage girls and young women leaders to apply for a grant to resource their ideas, initiatives or organizations!
The grants (financial support) will be awarded in 2 cycles. These two cycles differ in the timeline for receiving funds, but do not differ in eligibility or any other criteria.
Based on your application and our eligibility criteria, we will reach out about the second (and final) phase of the application process.
Eligibility criteria and funding priorities
Eligible applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to apply for a VIVA Girls Grant (Financial Support):
- Be a community-based group or individual that:
- Works with girls and young women (up to age 30) who identify as Afro-descendant, disabled, Indigenous and/or LGBTIQ, and those from communities confronting climate crisis, war, conflict, disaster and their aftermath.*
- Is based in VIVA Girls geographic regions: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific.
- Is looking for financial support (a grant) for a community project that works to meet immediate needs and also creates solutions to community challenges.
- Has an annual operating budget** under $100,000 US dollars.
- Plans to implement, or is currently implementing work that aims to:
- Build a Just Peace – preventing, surviving, and recovering from war, to create lasting peace.
- Advance Climate Justice – defending against climate crisis and advocating for just economic and environmental policies.
- End Gender Based Violence – confronting abuses and creating protections for women, girls, and LGBTIQ people.
In addition to meeting all of the above criteria, priority will be given to:
- Community-based groups or individuals that:
- Are led by people who identify as girls or young women (up to age 30).
- Are applying for grants (financial support) for the first or second time with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
- Please look over the VIVA Girls eligibility criteria to make sure you are eligible to apply.
- Applications will be accepted in 2 cycles. The two cycles reflect the timeline and process for MADRE to receive applications and send funds. There is no difference between the two cycles.
- Answer the questions in the application to the best of your ability and in the medium of your choice: audio, video, written, or graphic representation of your work that answers the questions in the application.
- Applications are accepted in Spanish, English, French, or Arabic.
- Send your application via WhatsApp, Viber or Signal at +1 347-439-7393, email (VIVAOpenCall@madre.org), or physical mail to:
- At this stage of the application process, it is not necessary to submit a detailed budget or a proposal, just a quick summary of what you plan to do and an estimated overall amount in US dollars that you are requesting from MADRE.
- If you are selected based on your applicant profile and our eligibility criteria, we will reach out about the second (and final) phase of the application process.
Funding Amount and Length:
- MADRE supports initiatives through grants (financial support) of $100 to $20,000 US dollars. We provide flexible financial support that can be used for general support and/or projects, to be used over a period of 12 months. At month 9, we will review progress with the grantees (successful applicants) to discuss possible project and funding renewal.
Visit Funding page here