TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONTRACTING A PUBLIC EDUCATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL GOVERNANCE CONSULTANT
EUROPEAN UNION PROJECT IN GHANA “ACCOUNTABILITY, RULE OF LAW AND ANTI-CORRUPTION PROGRAMME – ARAP”
FIIAPP F.S.P. is a foundation of the State public sector whose activities, characterised by the absence of profit and the pursuit of the general interest, is framed in the field of international cooperation aimed at the institutional modernisation, for the reform of Public Administrations and the attainment of democratic governance.
That, in order to its foundational purposes, the Foundation FIIAPP F.S.P. has been awarded the Delegation Agreement “Accountability, Rule of Law and Anti-corruption Programme – ARAP” funded by the European Union.
The overall objective of the programme is to promote good governance in Ghana by reducing corruption and improving accountability and compliance with the rule of law, particularly when it comes to accountability, anti-corruption and environmental governance.
ARAP has been supporting the Ghana Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the area of compliance monitoring and complaints management. E-permitting is another proposed line of work.
Specific support in these three areas includes the creation of a standardised systems, shifting away from paper-based systems to digital tools through a set of pilots to test the new systems.
Throughout these workstreams, public education is a critical tool to ensure that citizens develop positive attitudes and behaviours towards the environment, as well as fully understand the systems available to obtain information and permits, and to make complaints.
Informed and educated citizens are critical for ensuring institutions managing the environment, such as the EPA, remain accountable and that rule of law is upheld in decision-making.
The purpose of these terms of reference is to support the EPA in the development, planning and management of a set of public education campaigns relating to compliance monitoring, complaints management and e-permitting.
- BUDGET LINE
The budget line for this contest is 84.000 € (eighty four thousand Euros) as fees, not including VAT.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES TO BE DEVELOPED.
The consultant will be required to perform the following tasks:
· In tight collaboration with EPA staff and relevant stakeholders develop and manage a set of public education campaigns relating to compliance monitoring, complaints management and e-permitting;
· Plan and facilitate design and validation workshops for public education campaigns and strategies;
· Identify and map relevant stakeholders and target audiences;
· Identify channels and tools for communication with stakeholders and target audience;
· Identify and formulate relevant content and key messages for public education campaigns;
· Identify and make recommendations to EPA staff with regards to cost-effective and sustainable solutions to deliver public education campaigns.
· Development and production (e.g. designing and drafting) of implementation manuals containing best practices and lessons learnt to be used by EPA staff in subsequent upscaling stage(s).
· Provide input if required for any analysis of feedback from the public regarding campaigns and strategies.
- CRITERIA FOR THE EVALUATION
The evaluation of the proposals will be made according to the table below:
· University degree in international development, governance, communication, public education, or similar.
· At least 4 years of working experience developing and managing public education and/or communication for social development programs.
· At least 3 years of working experience working in the area of environmental governance
· Excellent command of English
Merits and actions indicated in the table will be evaluated with the CV’s information and the samples required.
(Merits / Criteria / Maximum Score)
- Present at least two samples of works developed for previous public education campaigns / Number of Innovative ideas (4 points per idea, max 16 points), demonstrated results achieved (4 points each, max 16 point), activities delivered on budget (2 points each, max 8 points) / 40 points
- Prior actions in Ghana or West Africa / 1 point per month / 15 points
- Additional involvement in developing and managing public education and/or social and behaviour change communication / 1 point per month / 20 points
- Additional involvement in the area of environmental governance / 1 point per month / 20
- Additional degree or specialization in the area of communication for development / 5 points per degree or specialization / 5 points
Maximum Total: 100 points
For the technical deliberation, the score will be given according to the table’s criteria.
- DURATION OF THE CONTRACT
The contract will have a time of duration from its signature until the end of the project implementation, due to be in January 2021.
- SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Interested parties who meet the requirements defined in these terms of reference can be sent its CV + samples of previous work to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating on the title in the subject: “Public Education and Environmental Governance Consultant”.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 31 March 2019.
Search and apply for CURRENT JOBS IN GHANA TODAY & Funding Opportunities in Ghana on Sobiaonline. Do not pay any body any fees for our job search support and advisement unless it is for our Executive Job Search, CV Design or LinkedIn & Writing Services. Access funding news, career advise and our daily updates here. Don’t forget to subscribe to our updates. Call us or Whats App: 0245692357 or Email: email@example.com