Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is a Ghanaian nonprofit organization dedicated to helping women, men and young people live healthier lives.
As a social enterprise, TFHO works to ensure access to high quality health products for Ghanaians nationwide through socially marketed health commodities and behavior change activities.
Terms of Reference to engage a SATOPAN Master Trainer
Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is a Ghanaian non-profit, Social Marketing Organisation working in WASH, family planning and maternal and child health and a network member to Population Services International (PSI), an international non-profit organisation.
TFHO’s WASH activities are designed to correct bad sanitation practices and promote consistent good sanitation and hygiene practices in Ghana. Interventions are aimed at supporting the Government of Ghana (GOG) improve sanitation status of Ghanaians through a variety of Social Marketing, and Social Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) and advocacy. TFHO harnesses the power of the private sector by working closely to develop markets for affordable sanitation products to bring sanitation solutions close to the people that need them most.
As part of TFHO’s WASH portfolio, SATOPAN were brought in Ghana to meet the needs of the rural and peri-urban communities. With the prevailing open defecation challenges being faced by many communities, SATOPAN is one sure way solution to this challenge due to its affordability and easy to install and use.
TFHO is training artisans/masons how to install and retrofit the SATOPAN in Greater Accra, Central, Eastern, Ashanti, Northern and Volta. Artisan/masons are being selected in collaboration with the District Assemblies to install Sato Pans.
TFHO will train and empower artisans/masons in approximately 30 Districts. The artisans/masons will promote and create the market for SATOPANS for households and institutions.
The Organisation is looking for the services of a Master trainer to organize and train masons to build and sell toilets using the SATOPAN.
The objective of this assignment is to train artisans/masons to sell and install Sato Pans.
It is expected that training will be done in 80 days with an estimated 500 artisans/masons trained in 30 districts in the 6 regions listed above.
Scope of Work/Approach
The master trainer will provide a 2-day training in an estimated 30 districts to reach the 500 masons. The two-day training will cover both the training on installing SATOs in the various toilets options as well as how to market the SATO.
The master trainer will be required to:
i. Design and develop needed training information to be used in the production of manuals/materials/videos to support the existing materials for masons
ii. Develop written sales and marketing training materials
iii. Prepare financial business modeling for masons/artisans on different installation costs
iv. Train masons/artisans to properly install or retrofit Sato Pans on various types of toilets including:
a. Pit latrines (lined & unlined)
f. Various flooring concrete, wood and earthen
v. Train Artisans/Masons on sales and marketing skills
vi. Document training through regional reports
vii. Spot check quality of installations in 2 – 3 communities after training
viii. Compile SATO installer network list with phone numbers
ix. Provide technical inputs and document ideas to share with the installer network such as tip of the week; designate installer of the month award, etc
x. Document a final report
TFHO in collaboration with the District Assemblies will select masons in advance of the Master Trainer. A learning by doing approach for the 2 day training will be used where possible. Households who are ready to install will be selected and Sato installations will be used in the training session for artisans/masons.
- Technical training material produced for use in manuals, powerpoints and possibly video including quality assurance protocols that should cover installation guidelines, quality checklists, maintenance
- Sanitation Marketing, basic business, and Sales training materials produced for us in manuals, power points and possibly videos
- Documented cost analysis of the different toilet options, unit economics and margins, and preparation of BOQs
- Reports on all training sessions with compilation of at least 500 artisans/masons information
- Final report after all trainings are completed that includes ideas to disseminate on installer network
Required Skills or Experience
Required Skills and Experience (Criteria of Evaluation)
A detail CV or Company profile which must detail the below:
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience conducting similar assignments in the management and construction of sanitation facilities. – 15 points
- Must have basic sanitation business, sales and marketing experience through demonstrated sales of toilets. – 10 points
- Must have built and installed Sato pans demonstrated by sending three references of SATO users (Client Name; contact number and location) – 20 points
- Previous experience Training/facilitating in any two or more of the above toilet systems and marketing – 15 points
- Ability to demonstrate successful management of own business will be added advantage- 10 points
- Must have previous community level training experience – 10 points
- Financial Proposal (Price reasonability) – 20 points
A financial proposal that assumes a training will occur in each district for a total of thirty, 2-day trainings.
How To Apply
PROPOSAL DEADLINES AND MODE OF DELIVERY
- Proposals must be in electronic form (PDF) and received on or before 5:00 p.m. July 12 ,2019. Please email your proposal to: Andrew Quaye at email@example.com with subject title –RFP Sato Pan Master Trainer – TFHO/RFP/SD/001/19
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that your proposal is delivered on time. Late proposals will not be considered. You must bear all costs incurred in preparing your proposal, contract awards will not cover proposal costs.
- TFHO reserve the right to accept or reject any bid and to cancel the bidding process and reject all bids, at any time prior to ward of contract.
- Please, note submission and acceptance of bid does not constitute contractual agreement between your firm and TFHO.
- For further clarifications or questions,please contact Andrew on 0302 766990