REQUEST FOR QUOTATION, PROVISION OF DATA PROCESSING SERVICES
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is a faith based international development organization based in Canada and operating since 1963.
- Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is a faith based International Development Organization based in Canada and operating since 1963.
MEDA is currently implementing a six- year (2015- 2021) Farmers’ Economic Advancement Through Seedlings or FEATS Project in Ghana with funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) for improving the productivity, profitability and well-being of tree crop farmers by facilitating access to high quality planting materials.
The FEATS Project aims to improve the economic well- being of farmers in export-linked tree crops industries and plans to facilitate the development of viable and sustainable commercial supply chains and markets for high quality tree seedlings.
The Project is targeted at 100,000 male and female farmers, 35 small enterprises and their employees including 25 tree-sector farmers and industry associations. The project aims to facilitate the distribution of 21 million quality tree seedlings, primarily of Cocoa, Cashew, Rubber and Shea over its six (6) year tenure. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org
- The FEATS project’s core areas of work are:
(1) new knowledge with a focus on farmer capacity building
(2) financial capacity focusing on provision of purchase discounts towards purchase of seedlings by farmers, financial training and savings and loan products in partnership with financial institutions
(3) seedling supply and distribution by facilitating the establishment of seedling distribution centers
(4) policy and advocacy support for the tree crops sector. Crosscutting areas of focus are gender, environment, youth and child labour.
- MEDA has identified a number of Farmer Cooperatives with aggregate membership of about 40,000. MEDA intends to build a database in MS Excel to manage the membership of these Farmer Cooperatives under the project.
MEDA is therefore under this Request for Quotation seeking the services of a Database Assistant for a period of one month to assist our M&E Specialist build this MS Excel Database.
The Scope of Services
The scope of services of the Database Assistant shall include but not limited to:
- To support the M&E Specialist (M&ES) to manage Data on FEATS Farmer Cooperatives;
- Work with the M&ES to design database in MS Excel for the management of Farmer Cooperatives membership;
- Enter Farmer Cooperative membership lists data in prescribed format in Excel;
- Update database as required;
- Carry out data cleaning activities including de-duplication, etc.
- Using database as data source generate the needed files for management of the eVoucher System.
- Using database as basis, assist to prepare reports from database in required format
How To Apply
- The Applicant shall submit an Application letter and attach his/her updated detailed Curriculum Vitae showing qualifications and work experience relevant to the assignment.
- The Application letter shall clearly state his/her all inclusive monthly fee.
Please submit your Application letter through email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, February 26, 2019 addressed to the Field Project Manager, MEDA-FEATS Project, Accra.
Possible Start Date
The applicant should be available to commence work from 1st March 2019