Maternal & Child Health Consultant at BAF
The Bryan Acheampong Foundation (BAF) is a Non-Governmental organization in the Eastern Region. The goal of the Foundation is to contribute to the improvement of living conditions through the implementation of comprehensive life changing and life saving programmes. Currently, the Foundation’s programmes are geared around eight thematic areas; Health, Sports, Education, Economic Empowerment, Water & Sanitation, Agriculture, Housing&Infrastructure and Social Services.
The Foundation is seeking the services of a Maternal & Child Health specialist to design an innovative and comprehensive Maternal and Child Health programme to be implemented in the Kwahu area over a period of two years. The Program when successful will be implemented throughout the Eastern Region. The deliverables shall be an integral part of the Foundation’s Health programme with the aim of promoting good health for pregnant women and children as well as achieving an enhanced maternal and child health delivery system in the community.
The focus shall be on the following transformative results:
- To reduce preventable maternal death;
- To reduce infant and child mortality;
- To promote good family planning practices;
- To promote good nutrition among infants and nursing mothers;
- To promote overall family health with focus on mother and child;
- To develop and implement interventions around maternal and child health services for the community;
- To develop interventions to prevent morbidity related to pregnancy and childbirth;
- To develop health promotion interventions and create awareness on child health;
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Consultant shall be responsible for the designing of the following:
- Lead the design of programs that address key focus areas as listed above.
- Document available treatment guidelines and schemes aimed at guaranteeing the provision of quality health care to pregnant women, nursing mothers and children under five (5) years.
- Design performance monitoring tools that will ensure that the Foundation’s officers can keep track of immunisation schedules and are able to assist in alerting beneficiaries of health events in a timely manner.
- Design programmes that would guarantee constant provision of guidance and counselling and education related to diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, depression and psychosis which affects pregnant and new mothers. This would include designing interventions that would improve the psychosocial support for women in the community.
- Make recommendations regarding the recruitment of professionals who will efficiently lead programme implementation
- Provide routine technical assistance to the foundation to implement the program interventions.
- Develop workplan and budgets required for the effective implementation of the programme interventions.
- Provide support to program monitoring and evaluation and impact assessment efforts; working in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation team
- Build the capacity of teams to continuously support health facilities to improve Maternal and Child Health services using Quality Improvement approaches
- The Consultant would identify collaborators that the Foundation will work with to achieve its objectives
GhS 250,000.00 Gross Salary for the 2-years contract period.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of Master’s in public health, or other related fields; Clinical degree (medicine, midwifery, nursing) will be an added advantage
- Must have five years progressive experience in designing and supervising maternal and child health programmes
- Must have technical expertise in the area of maternal and child health, including health systems strengthening and primary health care related challenges in Ghana.
- Must have experience working with local communities and districts on health interventions.
- Prior experience in local or international NGO environment will be an asset;
- Experience in programme management and implementation
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills
- Strong Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (Akan local dialect is an advantage)
- Results oriented with strong problem solving, implementing, evaluative and monitoring skills
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to change and work under pressure
How To Apply
E-mail CV & Cover letter to: email@example.com
28 total views, 1 today