Full TimeUnderground Blastman/Charge Up Operator/Trainer for Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”)
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Underground Blastman /Charge Up Operator/Trainer. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- Use of a variety of explosives and initiating systems, depending on drill pattern, rock type and hole dimension;
- Handle and transport explosive material in a safe manner according to procedures
- Charge up holes, down-holes and development drives;
- Charge up and fire stope blasts according to blast plan;
- Ensure that all statutory requirements associated with the mining operation are completed in compliance with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana;
- Ensure working area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform duties;
- Liaise with Geologist, Engineers and Shift Supervisors to optimize blast designs;
- Prepping Stope Blast Holes and produce an accurate Stope Prep plan;
- Demonstrate full understanding of Charge Plans and Charge Stopes according to plan
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Production charging;
- Experience with ICON Charging and Logging
- Experience charging with both Emulsion and Anfo
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to conduct density testing of emulsion
- Experience in operating a Norment Charmec LC 605 charging unit;
- Sound mechanical knowledge of both the Normet and Hypercharge Unit;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Previous experience working in Hard Rock Underground Mines (with International Underground Mining experience);
- Must possess Equipment Operator’s certification from the Minerals Commission
- Flexible and willingness to assit with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Previously employed in an underground charge-up role
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
How To Apply
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com before or on 20th June 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.