Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you are invited to submit your job application for the position of Strategic Innovation Fund Advisor at CDF Canada. Related to current jobs in Ghana 2023
E-Volunteer Opportunity: Ghana
Co-operative development – Strategic Innovation Fund Advisor
Contribute. Discover. Grow. Volunteer with CDF Canada.
Location: Canada (through Virtual)
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Duration: 2 months (10 hours a week)
Language Requirement: English (Mandatory)
Reporting to: Country Program Officer
No. of positions: 1
The VOICE for Women and Girls project is a seven-year initiative (2020 – 2027) aimed at strengthening the performance of developing country partner (DCP) organizations to advance gender equality and economic empowerment of 50,000 women and men from marginalised communities, in particular young women (target: 60% women and girls), in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal and Malawi with a focus on action areas of the Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP), namely:
- Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and Girls, and
- Growth that Works for Everyone.
The Project responds to the needs identified by women and men of cooperatives and the entire members in the countries of operation and is designed to increase the capacities of individual producers and primary co-operatives to support more inclusive, sustainable, and resilient growth. Supporting institutions, including apex co-operatives, co-operative colleges, and government/regulatory institutions will also be engaged to increase the capacity and prioritization of vulnerable groups.
SEND Ghana has previously implemented the ACCESS and Fostering project and in some initiatives including 4R-NSP in partnership with CDF with funding from GAC. SEND Ghana focuses on research and advocacy to increase good governance practices of accountability, transparency, equity and participation in pro-poor policies and social services as well as empowers resource poor women and men to expand their small enterprises to improve income and farmers to increase food and nutrition security.
You will have an exceptional opportunity to use your skills to drive innovation to support the economic empowerment of the women and other vulnerable people in the cooperatives to improve on access to economic enterprises. With your ability to compose and analyze contexts, you will support the development of proposals according to the requirement of the VOICE Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) guidelines.
You will lead the development of innovation ideas into project proposal with support from the local partner and project staff.
As the Strategic Innovation Fund volunteer, your mandate will be to lead activities and processes designed to complete 4 SIF proposal and submit them to the reviewing committee. You will be expected to:
- Review two existing strategic innovation concept ideas and develop them into project proposals using donor guidelines
- Explore two innovation ideas and gather relevant data to support the development of the ideas into project proposals with support from the country program officer and the local partner
- Design needed tools to obtain required information for the development of the proposals
- Guided by the country program officer and local partner prepare budgets for the proposal
- Receive and address feedback from the SIF committee, local partner and project staff
- Prepare presentations for all proposals and lead the country team in presenting the proposals to the SIF committee
- Document the strategic innovation fund proposal development process to capture best practice and lessons learnt
- Liaise with the country program officer and local partner to develop on the proposed SIF initiatives
The applicant must possess the following skills, experiences, and personal characteristics:
- Degree or equivalent experience in project management, resource mobilization or small grant writing.
- A good working knowledge of concept note and proposal development.
· At least 2 years work experience within co-op sector could be used to compensate for formal education in the fields listed above.
· Zealous about investing in women livelihoods and motivated by the prospects of innovation and entrepreneurship in African context
· Knowledge in community participation methodologies.
· Ability to transform complex concepts and information into plain simple language reports.
Depending on the nature of the placement, volunteers are encouraged to provide e-volunteering support to our local partners or CDF Canada before or after their placement. Volunteers also have the option of requesting support from an e-volunteer to help them with their work while they are in placement.
CDF Canada provides technical and logistical support to young and experienced professional through volunteer assignments to apply and gain new skills and knowledge in international co-operative development. We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement duration, to share her/his experience during and/or upon completion of their assignment either in the country of assignment and in Canada. Experience may be shared through providing human interest stories and photographs that can be used for social media outreach; participating in organized talks at universities or other public engagement activities to share and tell their experiences to motivate others.
Please submit a resume and letter of intent to [email protected]. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Successful candidates will be required to obtain a police check from their local police/RCMP detachment. All applicants are thanked for their interest in CDF Canada; however, only those selected for an interview