Full Time Software/Project Engineer for Redheads Engineering Solutions
We at Redheads Engineering Solutions are assisting one of our Awesome Clients who are, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and mining enterprise applications in finding Software/Project Engineers.
Our client is looking for 2 Software/Project Engineer based in the Accra Ghana Area:
Position Title: Software/Project Engineer
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports To: Director Service and Support EMEA
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Engineering (Computer / Mining / Electrical / Electronic), Computer Science, or a related field
- 5 years previous Mining Industry experience of progressive experience in job offered, or as a software engineer, software consultant, mining engineer, or related occupational title.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in Postgres, SQLite, SQL Server, LINUX, LINUX shell scripting, Ubuntu, Ruby, Microsoft Visual Studio.net, Net Beans IDE.
- Knowledge of C++ or objective C software development.
- Capable of supporting a site in at least one of the following areas – Wifi, Microsoft Reporting Services, Fleet Management systems or High Precision Guidance (Highly desirable), collision avoidance.
- Previous experience working remote teams (Highly Desirable
- Must be Ghanaian citizens or foreigners with a valid Ghana work permits
Purpose of the position:
- Project Engineering and other technical staff effort, contractors and other skills sets as appropriate through the deployment of complex mining systems at customer sites in Ghana and neighbouring West African.
- To have a strong and broad high-level knowledge of the mining systems deployed.
- To be a point of escalation for technical issues that the team raise as they are working on projects and to work through the escalation process to seek resolution to problems outside of the responsibility of the Project Engineers and other technical staff.
- To work with Project Managers to ensure the efficient deployment of mining systems on time and within budget.
- To ensure that the deployment of systems and products is carried out as efficiently as possible.
The major area of Responsibilities
- Actively work on product/project deployment of complex mining Fleet Management solutions in a hands-on manner
- Support and maintain software
- Deliver bespoke customisation as required
- Troubleshoot system issues
- Own and implement customer system configurations
- Implement system customizations using scripting tools
- Participate in onsite system installation efforts
- Undertake complex problem solving involving multiple integrated systems
- Coordinate the day to day activities of the technical staff and or contractors including scheduling onsite work to meet project/service deadlines
- Develop and manage continuous improvement of software processes, procedures and documentation
- To ensure that relevant stakeholders are aware of risks and or issues with the product and the technical solutions being deployed to customer sites
- Escalation of critical issues requiring other stakeholders’ input to resolve issues, specifically the relevant Mining Services or supporting teams representative
- Maintain technical knowledge of the current and upcoming product offerings
- Regular reporting of current project issues, including updates on status and resolution methods
- Serve as primary source of help and assistance for the technical staff
- Utilizing relationships developed with customers and other contacts to advise Mining Services Team of potential issues affecting customers as well as other opportunities for the company.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team in a pre-sales capacity (e.g. attending / leading technical presentations)
- Representing the company in a helpful, professional and courteous manner at all times
- Maintain, enhance and adhere to the company’s documentation and reporting standards, systems and processes
- Compliance with the company’s Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures, participation in audits and compliance with instructions given with respect to the health and safety of himself/herself and the safety of others
- Other duties as required from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong prioritising and time management skills
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to form strong relationships with customers and represent the company professionally
- Ability to set and meet the team and individual goals and deadlines
- Ability to resolve technical and complex issues
- Ability to rapidly grasp technical solutions, concepts and products
- Maintaining and supporting Linux/Unix environments
- Developing or supporting open-source software
- Setup and support of relational databases
- Experience using Scripting languages (ruby is preferable)
- The desire to expand their own knowledge and skill set as well as sharing knowledge with other team members wherever possible
GET MORE INTERVIEWS WITH SOBIAONLINE. CHOOSE FROM THE PACKAGES BELOW
- Travel (regionally and globally international) to client sites is a requirement of this role
Please ensure that your skills and expertise are relevant to the requirements of this position. They are looking for candidates that have solid working experience in the above-mentioned Skills.
28 total views, 1 today