Full Time Senior Matron/Canteen Superintendent for HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd
HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd is a fruit processing company. HPW is synonymous with fresh from harvest fruit, crisp and crunchy vegetables from Africa and Asia.
We develop stand-alone products for our customers that meet the most exacting quality standards and offer maximum availability – for wholesalers and retailers, as well as for the food industry.
- Grade Superintendent
- Reports to: Human Resources Manager
- Location Onsite at HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd, Adeiso, E/R.
- Term: Contract
- Supervise and coordinate activities of staff to ensure food safety and hygiene procedures are adhered to.
- Control and direct food preparation process of staff to ensure quality is met.
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food.
- Plan menus with culinary creations and varieties.
- Inspect canteen supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality.
- Monitor sanitation practices and adhere to BRC and IFS Standards.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves for easy identification.
- Ensure ingredients and seasonings to be used for cooking are measured in appropriate quantities.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly kitchen by supervising the washing of dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash and ensuring staff follow waste segregation guidelines.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients and put in place a traceability system for canteen food supplies.
- Ensure proper storage of food supplies to prevent spoilage and wastage.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure staff complies to Health and Safety/Food Safety standards and enforce the usage of PPEs.
- Ensure canteen staff handle food well to avoid contamination or outbreak of diseases.
- Handle weekly meetings with staff to address issues.
- Prepare food for guests and MD’s house during emergency cases.
- Maintain and follow health and safety standards at the kitchen.
- Supervises immediate matrons/workers to ensure time, targets, quality, and other set standards are achieved.
- Interprets policies and procedures to immediate team members and where necessary consults with superior or appropriate departments.
- Appraises the performance of immediate team members and organizes or recommends appropriate training for them.
- Identifies learning needs of immediate team members and organizes or recommends appropriate training for them.
- Administers disciplinary measures of immediate team members in accordance with the company’s disciplinary procedures.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Catering/Food and Nutrition with at least 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in a food production/manufacturing environment.
- Possess food handler’s permit.
- Good knowledge in HACCP/Food Safety.
- Good knowledge in Health and Safety.
- Hands-on experience with various modern kitchen equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Ability to cook continental dishes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
- Ability to speak or write in a manner that communicates the intended message.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
How To Apply
All interested applicants should send their CVs and Applications to the HR via e-mail to; email@example.com latest by 10th July 2020.
20 total views, 2 today