Full TimeRigger and Ropesman for AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
Rigger and Ropesman
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation.
The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Rigger and Ropesman.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To perform Rigging and Lifting duties within the standards as prescribed by AngloGold Ashanti and work within the guidance of legislation towards compliance. Maintain a standard of excellence throughout the operations and promote a safety culture maintaining fundamental results and delivery of practices.
Accountable for the safe and effective load displacement and people in and around the practice. Ensure safe inspection and maintenance of lifting and rigging equipment at Anglo Gold Ashanti work site.
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Conduct hazardous inspections and equipment standards and report defects as per set requirements.
- Promote a culture of safety and practice zero tolerance to non-compliance at all times
- Protect and promote safe environment practices in compliance to the legislation and work environment principles
- Operate an issuing and receiving store for the safe and correct storage of lifting, rigging and other special tools
- Engage in hoisting and moving loads
- Test rigging to ensure safety & reliability
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving
- Select gear, such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights, sizes & facilities
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls or other equipment
- Tilt, Dip, and Turn suspended loads to manoeuvre over, under or around obstacles
- Install ground rigging for yarding lines
- Align, level, and anchor machinery
- Fabricate, set up & repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists & pulling gear
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams & ceilings
- Dismantle & store rigging equipment after use
- Stop operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Ropes Specialist (Winders)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Mobile Crane Riggers certificate
- 3 years proven experience in a comparable field, preferably construction
- Ability to use prevision measure tools and equipment
- Mincom Certificate of Competency
- Fully literate and numerate
- Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Operation Monitoring – Monitor gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Technology Design – Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Identify potential hazards associated with the lifting operation
- Implement control measures to address the identified hazards
- Plan the route for lifting and moving the load to minimize any risk to personnel and surroundings
- Ensure the load is accurately assessed for approximate weight, incorporating an adequate safety factor
- Communicate, discuss and ensure understanding of the prepared lifting plan and risk assessment with the lifting team
- Communicate, discuss and agree with appropriate personnel, actions to take related to the lifting operation in the event of an emergency
- Inform the relevant personnel of the lifting operation and identify any potential disruption to operations
- Obtain the resources identified in the lifting plan required to move the load, following relevant rigging loft procedures.
- Ensure the lifting equipment and lifting accessories are free of obvious defects, and certification is current.
- Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories as per standard, labeling, monthly, quarterly and annual inspections.
- Prepare the load according to specified requirements of the lifting plan
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 22ND JUNE, 2020.
Click here to revise your CV
69 total views, 1 today