Full TimeRegional IT Manager for Abt Associates
Regional IT Manager
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries.
We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation.
Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management.
In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Regional IT Manager to support our international computing environment and IT Service Center.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides remote and on-site technical support to employees by responding to Help Desk tickets and request relating to hardware/software issues.
- Participates in team discussions regarding various technical issues and problems, diagnoses software/hardware issues, and resolves issues in a timely manner;
- Knowledge and understanding of file backup systems, and the capacity to facilitate and track Project Site backups by the Local IT managers;
- Provide basic training of ITSC Support tools, processes and procedures, Office products and other relevant project software;
- Train and orient new Onboarded local IT Managers, and work with them closely during the probation priod.
- Facilitate and assist in coordinating hardware vendors/manufacturers for the prompt replacement of any defective components and working with the project ISP vendors to solve site-wide Internet issues;
- Work with the International IT Managers on deploying and upgrading New Softwars and hardwares whenever required.
- Manage International project inventory lists, disaster recovery plans, contact informations and project informations.
- Manage Local IT Managers to ensure their PC physical inventory and asset management and software tracking (PC’s, laptops, printers, etc.) is accurate and current;
- Acts as a second tier of support after the Local IT managers when needed serving as an escalation point for more time-consuming, complex issues that come to the ITSC.
- Facilitate project office startups and closeouts, including but not limited to travel to the site, building PCs and basic server and network configuration and implementation as the eyes and hands for the Network and SysAdmin groups on-site.
Key Skills & Knowledge Domains
Working knowledge of Windows 10, MS Office 2010 / 2013, Active Directory Users and Groups, Symantec Encryption & Anti-Virus, WebEx, ServiceNow ticketing software, PC laptop and desktop hardware, windows server and VMware phone support. Proactive mentality, One Global Abt Support team philosophy, detail oriented personality and A+ PMP, ITIL, MSCA, CCNA certifications are a plus.
- Master’s degree and 6-8 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in IT support in small/medium Windows environments, basic networking support, and experience imaging PCs.
- Leadership mentality
- Very Good Verbal and written communication skillsAbility to manage work loads, Organized and multitasking
*In cases of internal promotion, an exception may be made to the minimum requirements based on company needs and the proven ability of the incumbent to perform the key roles and responsibilities of this position.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV
77 total views, 1 today