Full Time Programme Officer for Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
Access to reliable and clean electricity has been at the heart of AFD’s mandate for the energy sector. Supporting the Ghanaian government’s energy policy, particularly in search of a low-carbon development trajectory, both in terms of production and transmission of electricity, remains a priority for AFD.
(i) the rehabilitation of the Kpong hydroelectric power station by the Volta River Authority (project to be completed by Mid-2020),
(ii) the strengthening of Ghana’s electricity transport network owned by the Ghana Grid Company and its regional integration (ongoing), and
(iii) the financing of small to medium scale renewable energy and energy efficiency projects through credit lines and technical assistance support to local financial institutions (starting).
While maintaining the same areas of intervention, AFD also wishes to renew its activities in Ghana, putting emphasis on the promotion of gender equality and adaptation and mitigation of the effects of climate change, in line with the SDG agenda.
What will be your role?
Based in Accra and reporting to AFD Country Director in Ghana, the Programme Officer will be in charge of developing and monitoring AFD’s project portfolio in the energy sector in Ghana.
More specifically, the successful candidate for the position will be in charge of:
i. Energy projects in Ghana:
• contributing to the identification, appraisal, execution and monitoring of a project portfolio, in liaison with AFD headquarters;
• developing relationships with public and private partners involved in the projects;
• representing AFD at meetings and working sessions with external partners;
• drafting and updating project monitoring documents (technical and financial execution dashboards, project completion reports, activity reports from the agency);
• controlling the compliance of project implementation with contractual provisions and AFD rules and procedures (updating legal files, controlling disbursements, controlling the proper technical and financial execution of projects);
• preparing and participating in field missions with counterparts and headquarters teams;
• preparing half-yearly credit risk reviews.
ii. Coordination and sector watch activities:
• participating in multi-donor working groups and feeding AFD’s analysis of developments and challenges in the energy sector (production of synthetic reports);
• preparing and updating sectorial notes.
iii. Cross-cutting activities:
• contributing to AFD communication activities;
• drafting AFD strategic documents, with regard to his/her field of competence;
• Monitoring AFD and external partners’ climate finance initiatives, and identifying opportunities for their deployment through AFD local office in Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Ghanaian nationality or a valid Ghanaian work permit;
• Masters degree or equivalent post graduate qualification in engineering, economics, finance, or any other relevant field;
• At least 5 years-experience in the energy sector;
• Good knowledge of the Ghanaian energy sector environment;
• Fluency in English;
• Good communication and writing skills;
• Sound negotiation and collaborative skills, as well as ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Very good team spirit;
• High sense of integrity and confidentiality;
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work experience with Development Partners or International Organizations and working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to send their application (CV and cover letter) to the following address:
Indicate the position title on the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 30 July, 2020
37 total views, 1 today