Full Time Program Manager 1 for CRS
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Help identify, foster, and strengthen partnerships with Government of Ghana Agriculture sector offices, multiple donors, private sector stakeholders and relevant civil society organizations, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
- Collaborate across programming, especially integration of microfinance, WASH, and health activities, as well as mainstreaming of gender into the design and implementation of agriculture and agro-enterprise development programs to increase equity.
- Position and maintain CRS/Ghana at the forefront Ghana’s agricultural development efforts
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree in the field of Agriculture or International Development required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Required Languages – Fluency in English required
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Project management experience in Agriculture and Livelihoods is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Senior Project Officers for Agriculture and Livelihood Dept.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Country Representative, Head of Programs, Finance Manager, Business Development Specialist, Senior/Regional Technical Advisors, Health/WASH Program Managers
- External: MoFA, Dept. of Agric, Church partners, Universities and research institutions, and other partners
How To Apply
To apply for this position – Please access this link: https://bit.ly/2OtqZnn. Applicants should submit their CV and letter of interest by 5pm, on 7th August 2020.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
24 total views, 1 today