Full Time Program Associate, Leadership Gifts (Fundraising)
Teach For All seeks a Program Associate, Leadership Gifts for the Global Fundraising team. The Program Associate will provide essential support to Teach For All’s Head of Individual Giving and the individual giving portfolio, which is responsible for developing and growing meaningful partnerships between Teach For All and a global constituency of donors, managing an approximately $12 million portfolio of supporters – primarily comprised of high-net-worth individuals, as well as some family foundations.
Their duties will range from data management to research and meeting preparation, as well as managing up to the Head of Individual Giving to execute expansive partnerships with individual and family foundation donors and prospects. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task; produce high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and dynamic environment; and juggle several competing priorities with a spirit of flexibility, positivity, and a sense of possibility. The Program Associate will report directly to the Head of Individual Giving, as well as work in close coordination with the Director, Leadership Gifts on Teach For All’s Global Fundraising Team.
An effective Program Associate, Leadership Gifts will play a key role in building a strong base of support for Teach For All’s efforts by:
- Supporting the Head of Leadership Gifts on the development and execution of the individual giving strategy in order to increase and accelerate our efforts to build a constituency of champions and raise critical resources for the organization
- Building a deep and expansive understanding of the landscape of potential supporters and making recommendations for how we engage with possible champions of our mission
- Developing high-impact communications both internally and externally to advance potential partnerships
- Accurately evolving and maintaining systems that allow the team to understand our progress and track critical tasks
- Maximizing the Director’s time by providing administrative support
The Program Associate will play a key role in supporting the organization’s portfolio of individual and foundation supporters. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Research and Meeting Preparation – 25%
- Conducting in-depth analysis of new and existing donors to inform strategy for influencing, motivating and inspiring donors to contribute to our work
- Creating strategic meeting briefs for CEO and Global Fundraising team leadership with appropriate objectives, asks, angles, and donor history that anticipate potential questions from funders and propose potential responses
- Preparing landscape analysis research to build Teach For All’s fundraising pipeline, identifying alignment between our work and donor interests, and recommending concrete next steps for the organization to take
Writing & Strategy– 25%
- Drafting, collaborating on, and editing internal and external donor-related communications, such as thank you letters, concept notes, funding proposals, reports, and donor histories
- Creating compelling PowerPoint presentations for funder meetings and touch points
- Developing targeted donor stewardship touch points with the ability to effectively tailor the voice and style of written communications according to relevant context.
- Drafting strategy documents and collaborating with internal staff on key approaches to advancing this portfolio
Systems, Data, and Project Management – 30%
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate data on donors in our online CRM system (Salesforce)
- Developing and executing on project plans for cultivation purposes (i.e. assisting with event planning, ensuring grant reports and milestones are on track)
- Creating and managing tracking systems to support the ambitious fundraising goals of the portfolio and leveraging them to manage up to the Head of Leadership Gifts
- Leveraging data systems to stay abreast of fundraising efforts across the team to proactively identify internal collaboration opportunities, such as ensuring next steps are completed, making strategic suggestions for donor cultivation strategies, knowing progress and path to fundraising goals, and identifying next steps to be handled by the Individual Giving team members and/or others on the larger Fundraising team.
Administrative Support – 20%
- Working with Teach For All’s Finance team to process pledges and gifts
- Managing scheduling and the expense reimbursement process
- Coordinating trip planning and execution as needed
- Providing other administrative support and working on special projects on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 to 4 years of professional experience preferred, especially in international non-profit fundraising
- Prior experience with fundraising with US-based donors is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in using Internet search tools and navigating various web platforms to conduct thorough and accurate research – including across social media platforms
- English fluency required. Fluency in other regional languages is helpful, but not required
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other client relationship management system a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extraordinary organization and attention to detail
- Solutions-oriented mindset with proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task, independently prioritize tasks, and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and highly-collaborative environment
- Ability to navigate – with grace and good humor – the ambiguity and constant change associated with a start-up environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to juggle several competing priorities concurrently with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- Strong customer service ethic
- Excellent written skills
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills
- Sensitivity to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political, etc.)
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Teach For All:
- Sense of Possibility: We believe in the extraordinary potential of all children and in our collective potential to realize our aspirations, and so we act with courage, boldness, urgency and perseverance in pursuit of transformational impact
- Locally Rooted and Globally Informed: We value the enormous assets in the communities where we work, immerse ourselves in local perspectives, needs and opportunities, and work in deep partnership with students, families, educators, and community members—all while also seeking to build our understanding of what is possible based on insights from outside of our communities and countries.
- Constant Learning: We commit to continuous education, reflection and improvement as the foundation for the transformational leadership we strive to develop.
- Diversity & Inclusiveness: We seek to ensure full participation of people from all cultures and backgrounds, and we believe those who have themselves experienced the inequities we’re working to address should guide and lead this work.
- Interdependence: In recognition of our shared humanity and interconnectedness, we work with generosity and compassion to help each other develop and grow
Candidates for this position must possess local work authorization in order to be considered.
GET MORE INTERVIEWS WITH SOBIAONLINE. CHOOSE FROM THE PACKAGES BELOW
Please submit your resume and a one-pager cover letter directly online
How to ApplyCLICK ME TO APPLY
24 total views, 1 today