Full Time Process Maintenance Superintendent
Process Maintenance Superintendent
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Are you a leader that can work in adherence to Newmont’s core values of;
Process Maintenance Superintendent
If the answer is “Yes” then an opportunity exists for you to join our team as a Process Maintenance Superintendent reporting to the Process Manager.
You will be expected to utilize your skills and positive work ethic to coordinate and direct all maintenance activities conducted by the Process Maintenance teams, in the upkeep of the process plant to attain maximum production outputs, in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
Include but are not limited to:
- Prepare Application for Expense (AFEs) for capital maintenance projects that will improve maintenance throughput, reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Appropriately own the capital program for the processing maintenance section.
- Accurately prepare and manage maintenance budgets and maintenance operating cost forecasts.
- Recommend the purchase of capital equipment and selection of vendors.
- Approve purchases and expenditure within the delegated limits of authority.
- Develop Process Maintenance work plans.
- Take responsibility for the achievement of plans and goals through the ongoing monitoring of maintenance progress.
- Align with all Newmont Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Ensure that applicable environmental regulations and compliance programs are implemented.
- Oversee development projects.
- Develop and implement efficient maintenance tactical strategies using the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) philosophy.
- Initiate and participate in projects and direct activities leading to continuous improvement of safety and production.
- Avail the appropriate transfer of knowledge and relevant skill sets from Expatriate to National employees through a comprehensive advisory training and mentorship program.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- Engineering Superintendent / Managers Certification of Competency.
- Minimum 10 – 12 years’ experience in a mineral processing plant maintenance environment, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years in gold processing.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ management/supervisory experience, managing a large group of diverse employees, both staff, hourly-paid and contractors.
- Process start-up experience is preferable.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of work management processes.
- Advanced knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance plant equipment.
- Strong working knowledge in maintenance planning systems – Ellipse/MIMS and SAP.
- Strong working knowledge of budgeting and cost controls in a process maintenance environment.
- Strong working knowledge in the maintenance of heavy engineering equipment (i.e. cone crushers, grinding mill equipment, large slurry pumps and reducers, agitators, conveyors and associated accessories, gyratory crusher, gearboxes, hydraulic and pneumatic systems).
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory regulations relevant to health and safety in the mining industry.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), MS Project and SAP.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Advanced people management skills.
- Strong consultation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Goal Oriented.
- Lateral Thinking.
- Weighs up risk logically.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Position is in a remote location.
- Incumbent has to work overtime as necessary during on-call weeks, shutdown and breakdown events.
- Incumbent spends an average of 75% of their time at the office, and 25% of the time is spent in the field.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.
GET MORE INTERVIEWS WITH SOBIAONLINE. CHOOSE FROM THE PACKAGES BELOW
How to ApplyCLICK ME TO APPLY
25 total views, 3 today