Full Time Pro Vice-Chancellor for Accra Technical University
The University has been mandated by the Technical Universities Act, (Act 922), to provide higher education in engineering, science and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational education and training, applied arts and related disciplines.
The University has a staff of about 600 made up of faculty, senior administrative officers and other supporting staff and a student population of about 16,000 made up of full and part time students offering various academic and professional programmes.
The Vision of the University is to be a Technical University of global excellence in competency-based and practice-oriented training, applied research and technology transfer.
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall report to the Vice-Chancellor.
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall act in the absence of the Vice-Chancellor.
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be the academic head of the University.
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be the liaison between the University and all external academic regulatory bodies.
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be a non-voting member of the University Governing Council.
Terms of Appointment
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed for a period of three (3) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application for a further term of up to three (3) years only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the University Governing Council consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) and the Statutes of the University.
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be of Professorial status and shall possess a PhD or its equivalent in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Social Sciences.
• Must have a wide experience in academic management at the tertiary level, including conduct of University Examinations, Quality Assurance and liaison with Universities’ regulatory bodies.
• Must be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity, be circumspect and above reproach.
• Must be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar with a strong research background.
• Must have proven organizational and leadership skills.
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, be a team player and have the capacity to manage and control crisis.
• Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for beneficial purposes.
• Must have the experience in fund-raising and resource mobilization for teaching, research and community services.
• Must have at least twelve (12) years post qualification working experience in a tertiary or analogous institution; a senior academic position is an added advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
• Candidates are to submit an application letter and completed application forms obtained from the University’s website at www.atu.edu.gh
• Applicants are to attach Curriculum Vitae and request three (3) referees to submit recommendation reports on the applicant to the stated address below.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and also emailed to reach the address below (as applicable) not later than July, 24th 2020.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Search Committee for Pro Vice-Chancellor
c/o Office of the Registrar
Accra Technical University
P. O. Box 561
Closing Date: 22 July, 2020
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV
20 total views, 1 today