Full Time Paste or Construction Foreman for Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”)
Paste or Construction Foreman
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Paste or Construction Foreman. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- Maintain an open communication with the Project Manager
- Leads crews on various size projects
- Monitors quality assurance to ensure work meets customer specification and industry standards
- Reports, coordinates, and supervises all aspects of a project
- May work independently performing site surveys for estimates, proposal preparation, or quality assurance
- Review drawings and plans
- Train staff in the safe operation of construction equipment and tools.
- Prepare and submit daily reports
- Coordinate and order materials
- Develop a work daily schedule and layout for construction crew
- Report project progress to superiors
- Liaise between construction crew and supervisors
- Supervises all construction crews
- Ensures safety practices are observed by all crews during their work
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in underground mining, two (2) of which have been as a Construction Foreman.
- Must have experience leading crews of five (5) to ten (10) employees
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
- Ability to workday and night rotation
How To Apply
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com before or on 12th July 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
2 total views, 2 today