To provide logistical and operational management for all the activities associated with the safe, timely and reliable management of the obligations arising from the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Sale and Purchase Agreement between Shell Energy Ghana (SEG) and Shell International Trading Middle East (SITME), , a terminal use agreement between SEG and Tema LNG Terminal Limited (TLTL) and the long-term Gas Sales Agreement with SEG’s primary customer, Ghana National Petroleum Company (GNPC). Also works closely with a Shell Energy (SE) Trading & Supply (T&S) Operations team (in UK/Dubai) providing nominations and inventory management services to SEG.
Where you fit in:
• Provide logistical and administrative support to T&S LNG and Gas Operations. Executes all contractual obligations, reacting and resolving operational day to day issues. Actively manage risks across the contracts to mitigate and minimize value loss
• Ensure that LNG and Gas Operations fully comply with Shell’s internal standards incl. OSP, Ethics and Compliance and HSSE
• Support T&S Gas Operations in the LNG and Gas nominations management process with counterparties SITME, TLTL and GNPC
• Understand and ensure inventory management tracking including LNG volumes, AIU, ACQ and DCQ management, specific delivery schedule (SDS) forecasting, LNG and Gas shortfall volumes, liabilities, hydrocarbon ARAP calculations are performed
• Execute LNG cargo management procedures as the primary interface between SITME and Terminal including documentary instructions, LNG scheduling, discharge reports, berthing and loading, demurrage tracking, vessel notifications, quality management, SDS input, ADP and information exchange
• Focal point and lead for all operational cost management including gas invoicing, LNG payments, terminal fees payment, pre-payment reimbursement, port costs, customs and import duty payments, direct and indirect taxes tracking, ad-hoc invoicing and all other commercial costs
• Responsible for document management and annual reconciliations
• Liaising with T&S LNG and Gas Operations to ensure alignment and achieve efficient virtual ways of working.
• In addition to the Key Account holder (MTA) establish and maintain relationships with Port of Tema and Terminals to ensure proactive issues are successfully resolved.
• Identify and implement short term initiatives to continuously improve the efficiency of all aspects of the Gas/LNG operations
• Focal Point for any operational external reporting requirements
• Focal point for any audits by Shell Trading
• Identify and exploit synergies with other parts of Shell Trading
• Actively engage with the Commercial Operations Teams across the other hubs to ensure the Operations process alignment and resourced to meet current and future business needs.
• Actively engage with the Regional Trading Team Lead and Freight traders to ensure business continuity and commercial added value in the Operations space to meet current and future business needs.
• Be pro-active, lead and close out operational related disputes with external and internal counterparts and support SEG Managing Director where necessary.
• Exhibit good management skills, be able to work successfully in different cultural environments and with people from diverse backgrounds.