Service National Service Personnel for Project at IPA
National Service Personnel for Project
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based research and policy non-profit organization that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
As its core business, IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
IPA has conducted hundreds of randomized evaluations across sectors, learning both whether programs work, and how they can work better.
- Reports to: Reports to: Respective Supervisor of Department
- Location: Accra/Tamale, Ghana (with the possibility of working remotely until travel is possible)
- Length of Commitment: Duration of National Service
- Desired start date: September 1st 2020
- Deadline to apply: July 31st 2020
- Job Code: 07312020
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks qualified applicants for various National Service/Internship positions in IPA Ghana from September 2020 to August 2021.
These positions offer an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
Selected candidates will be placed with projects based in either Tamale or Accra.
Interns will work closely with Project Coordinators, Project Associates and other field staff on various studies in the areas of Health, Education and Agriculture. They will also help with preliminary data analysis and monitoring of field work.
Interns will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Designing, drafting and editing of training materials.
- Assisting in the design and editing of survey instruments.
- Providing logistical support to project teams during fieldwork.
- Procuring supplies, recruiting staff and coordinating with local partners.
- Supervising and running pilot exercises and developing monitoring systems for data collection.
- Assisting in the management of project databases.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, economics, Statistics, Computer science, social sciences, public policy, public health, international relations or a related field;
- Excellent management and organizational skills, along with strong quantitative skills;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English;
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
- Experience living in a developing country is a strong plus;
- Knowledge of STATA (strongly preferred) or other data analysis software;
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office applications;
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred;
- Willingness to work in the field.
GET MORE INTERVIEWS WITH SOBIAONLINE. CHOOSE FROM THE PACKAGES BELOW
How to ApplyTo apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://ipaghana.surveycto.com/collect/nsp_application_form?caseid= Please take note of the following instructions:
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidates are found
- Your CV is required to complete the application form
- Incomplete applications or applications not completed through the web-form will not be considered
- Due to high volume of applications received, IPA will only contact shortlisted candidates
33 total views, 2 today