Full Time Matron HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd
HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd is a fruit processing company. HPW is synonymous with fresh from harvest fruit, crisp and crunchy vegetables from Africa and Asia.
We develop stand-alone products for our customers that meet the most exacting quality standards and offer maximum availability – for wholesalers and retailers, as well as for the food industry.
- Reports to: Canteen Superintendent/Senior Matron
- Location: Onsite at HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd, Adeiso, E/R.
- Assist the Senior Matron in organizing, leading, and motivating the canteen team and ensures each member of staff completes their duties accordingly.
- Assist with the development and planning of menus and recipes.
- Assist in supervising staff to ensure meals are prepared to the standard quality and taste required.
- Assist with stock taking and proper labelling and storage of canteen food supplies, taking into consideration expiry dates at delivery.
- Support the Senior matron to monitor and maintain a high standard of hygiene before, during and after cooking
- Ensure food hygiene and health and safety regulations are strictly observed, including temperature monitoring of the fridge and freezers in line with BR and IFS standards, and recording any near misses or accidents in the canteen.
- Monitor the standard and use of staff uniform and PPE, and ensure staff have the necessary equipment and materials needed to carry out their jobs efficiently
- Ensure that staff use equipment in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- In the absence of the Senior Matron, liaise with the Facilities Manager regarding reporting on damaged equipment and any follow-up action required.
- Encourage a welcoming, positive, and enthusiastic attitude among staff.
- Monitor the customer service provided and suggest to the Senior Matron where further improvements and efficiencies can be made.
- Manage staff problems and concerns promptly and fairly, referring them to the Senior Matron as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND or NVTI in Catering with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience; preferably in a food production environment.
- Possess food handler’s permit.
- Good knowledge in HACCP/Food Safety.
- Hands-on experience with various modern kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers).
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to cook local dishes for large number of people
- Excellent time management skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
- Knowledge in Catering/Vocational Skills.
- Ability to speak or write in a manner that communicates the intended message.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
How To Apply
All interested applicants should send their CVs and Applications to the HR via e-mai to; firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 10th July 2020.
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV
17 total views, 1 today