Full TimeMaterials Handling Supervisor for AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
Materials Handling Supervisor
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation.
The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Materials Handling Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Materials Handling Supervisor is accountable for coordinating the work, its training, monitoring and control of quality, of maintenance technicians on conveyors and materials handling systems in safe manner, compliant with operational and engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Refurbishment and Maintenance of Conveyor Systems in accordance with Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental-related workplace instruction to any employee
- Zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Execute timely completion of conveyor maintenance
- Review, approve and sign-off of the shaft maintenance team items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Deliver conveyor maintenance work items consistent with the legal compliance required in the refurbishment plan and commencement of operations stages
- Comply with reporting processes for managing conveyor maintenance that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the refurbishment and maintenance process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely work progress reports on schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
- With Construction Manager, verify, on new builds, the safety, operability, standards, maintainability, and reliability for operation
- Monitor the compliant completion of the shaft refurbishment, later maintenance, aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the mining teams including localisation plan.
- Use the systems for the maintenance department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Verify and report the standard of conveyor and material movement maintenance during the Phase1 & 2 Operations
- Monitor and ensure the shaft maintenance and refurbishment work is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with requirements for achieving the agreed production plan
- Work with the team of Specialists to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Communicate to subordinates the relevant financial detail to each individual’s level ensuring their understanding and obligations to meet the budget goals
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- An experienced Materials Transport and Conveyor Maintenance Supervisor with over 3 years’ experience in underground mining
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP Skills module
- Must possess Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body
- Strong materials movement and conveying competencies in underground mining
- Excellent knowledge of conveyor and belting maintenance/replacement
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 22ND JUNE, 2020.