Full TimeLoader Operator for Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
The Loader Operator will o deliver material to the appropriate location (primary and oxide crusher, stockpile or waste dump) destination and conduct cleanup activities in a safe and controlled manner.
- Load trucks to appropriate weights and dimensions following the CAT10/10/20 rule.
- Manage dig face for safe and efficient loading, including managing the dig face to a safe height.
- Conduct post-shift inspections regarding hazards and defects identified and communicate these to Dispatch / Supervisor and the incoming operators for the smooth running of Operations.
- Communicate with Truck Operators and Dispatchers to verify that materials are dumped at the correct locations, based on mark-out information.
- Utilize JIGSAW System to report loader equipment status (i.e. Down, Standby, Delay or Ready), select appropriate delay, and stand by codes.
- Perform daily housekeeping and safety checks of the loader equipment.
- Understand the loading activities that need to be completed and the designated location of loading activities.
- Report and escalate all accidents and incidents occurring in the shift immediately to the Dispatcher / Shift Supervisor.
- Load MAN Tipper Trucks.
- Attend all pre-shift instruction meetings.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
- Senior High School Certificate.
- Mineral Commission Operators License.
- Drivers’ License E.
- Knowledge and understanding of loader operation.
- General knowledge of loaders and other heavy equipment.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ loading operation experience in an open pit-mining environment.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit in the cabin of heavy mining equipment tracking over uneven surfaces for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, earplugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
- Incumbent occasionally has to work overtime.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.