Full TimeLead, HR Business Partner for Mastercard Foundation
HR Business Partner
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper.
Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work.
Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy.
Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment.
Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an HR business leader ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Operations and Business Partnering, the Lead, HR Business Partner based in Ghana will work as a trusted advisor to support assigned Leaders and staff in the West Africa region. In liaison with other HR functions including Total Rewards, Organizational Development, Learning & Development, the Lead, HR Business Partner will work to deliver value-added service to Leaders and employees that reflect the business objectives.
You will help identify business issues and suggest creative solutions while applying best practices and implementing HR Policies and procedures. The ideal candidate has extensive HR Generalist experience supporting diverse business units and advisor to senior Leaders. If you are results oriented and enjoy working in a collaborative, agile and dynamic work environment, this role is for you.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Focal contact as advisor and coach for day-to-day HR activities for the West Africa region and provide support for various functions including workforce planning, performance evaluation process, budgeting, recruitment, among others in liaison with other HR Subject Matter Experts.
- Provide professional advice to all levels of the Foundation by building working tactical relationships with Leaders and staff to ensure strong employee relations and engagement.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements ensuring all employment legislation and standards are followed for regulatory and internal policy compliance across the West Africa region.
- Analyzes metrics and trends in partnership with the HR team and use insight to develop solutions, programs and policies. Ensure adequate communication by maintaining dashboards for respective countries and teams.
- Management in liaison with Talent Acquisition team of process recruitment process including creating job descriptions, competencies, recruitment strategy and offers and approval thereto.
- Support leaders in career planning, coaching and performance feedback.
- Administering benefits enrollment for new hires and partner with Payroll to ensure all payroll legislation, processes and guidelines are compliant.
- Provides advice on the design of HR policies, processes and systems and work with other HR team members to identify opportunities for further enhancements of future initiatives.
- Partners with the Organizational Development Specialist to analyze training needs for employee development.
- Manage and provide proactive support for various employee relation services including training, performance counselling, exit interviews, employee grievances and disciplinary actions across the West Africa region.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy to understand current and future needs of the Foundation in order to provide proactive support and services aligned to those needs.
WHO YOU ARE
- University and/or Graduate degree preferably in Human Resources, Psychology, Organization Development or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading HR positions as a Generalist and/or HR Business Partner.
- Ability to effectively partner with the other HR teams to develop and ensure efficiencies in support strategies and process documentation.
- You can bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions and are willing to take calculated risks to influence the adoption of fresh ideas.
- You can effectively co-create with a variety of stakeholders, as well as work effectively in a team-based environment.
- You possess a high degree of integrity and forethought in approach to making decisions and driving results on behalf of the Foundation.
- You have strong problem-solving skills combined with a track record of pivoting in response to opportunities and challenges.
- You are results driven and motivated by a sense of performance, excellence and urgency.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel), SharePoint, Yammer and HRIS.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is June 19, 2020.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.