Full TimeInternational Relations Lecturer for Lancaster University Ghana
International Relations Lecturer
Transnational Academic Group (TAG) provides students across emerging markets access to top-ranked post-secondary and executive education.
Over the last decade, TAG has successfully delivered programs in academic partnership with some of the world’s best institutions and has had over 2,000 graduates across Africa and the Middle East.
Transnational Academic Group currently owns and operates Lancaster University’s campus in Ghana, Curtin University’s Dubai campus, and South Africa-based ABN Training Institute in partnership with the Australian Institute of Management in Western Australia.
With emphasis on guiding the student experience at every stage – from enrolment to graduation – TAG is known for its commitment to offer a well-rounded, industry-relevant education.
First, by incorporating leading technologies from its partners in the way that the curriculum is delivered; second, by creating an environment that prepares students to work by leveraging its local industry network; and finally, by encouraging student mobility throughout the University network as well as within the Group. Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations.
Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff.
At Lancaster University Ghana, Education verticals are developed to ensure that they meet the needs of the students, offering the widest possible range of Lancaster University degrees supported by the TAG Foundation pathway Programme.
Our ever-expanding portfolio currently offers programs in Accounting & Finance, Economics, Law, Marketing, Business Studies, International Relations & Politics, and Computer Science.
We are now seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated academic with a passion for excellence, to a full time Lectureship position at Lancaster University Ghana’s Philosophy Politics and International Relations Department. The successful candidate should be able to teach across a wide range of subject areas, including but not limited to:
To participate in the University’s teaching and research activities in Politics department, as follows:
- To contribute to the teaching commitments of the Department by carrying out:
- Teaching, examining, and administrative duties on undergraduate and masters programmes, within the Department and as requested by the Provost or his nominee.
- Contributing to the curriculum development and the design of individual courses offered by the Department.
- Supervision of project dissertations undertaken by students (PhD, MSc, UG) and advise on a range of research methodologies
- Contribute to the internal and external profile of the Department through the generation of research, teaching and scholarship of international excellence;
- To contribute regularly to Departmental seminars, discussion groups and collaborative research groups.
- Contribute to, and where appropriate, lead, the development and delivery of the Department’s programmes in Politics and/or International Relations and to other courses as appropriate to the appointee’s research expertise and wider scholarship;
- Communicate effectively with students and colleagues, using face-to-face, telephone, written and electronic communication (including email and VLE) modes as appropriate;
- Contribute to the Department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and to the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- Participate in the Department’s various outreach activities including Open Days, School Visits etc;
- Provide cover for colleagues on leave where necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required by the Deputy Provost.
How To Apply
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: ‘Lecturer – Politics & International Relations’
- Closing date for submission of applications: 10th July 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV
55 total views, 1 today