This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
3 Jul 2020
Full TimeHead, Risk Management for eRecruiter
Head, Risk Management
Our client is a propriety investment group of company. They currently have an opening for Head, Risk Management – Lagos . The ideal candidate will be responsible for championing risk management practices and ensuring compliance across the group.
Success in this role will judged based on the following:
- No of systemic risks identified.
- Percentage of process areas involved in risk assessments
- Percentage of key risks monitored
- Percentage of key risk mitigated
- Percentage number of staff trained in critical risk management techniques.
- Regular and timely inspection activities
- KYC documentation fully in place for all customers
- Proper process in place for credit request from clients and sign off
- Effectiveness of instituted systems in ensuring all conditions precedents met before disbursement
- Thorough review of product process flow
- Timely and discreet execution of investigations
- Successful coordination of timely periodic audits in all units along with detailed reports
- Comprehensive, clear, and constructive reports
- Detailed reports to enable effective management action
- Minimum exceptions found by external auditors
- Design, implement and communicate Group’s enterprise
- risk management process and control policies/objectives.
- Work with Group Management in integrating risk management policies and practices into the strategic plans of the group and its entities
- Assist in developing and monitoring risk mitigation strategies for critical risk areas within the Group and its entities.
- Provide risk management advice to management, identifying emerging risks and advising the board on the options to manage and ensure compliance.
- Work with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities
- Monitor activities of all business units to ensure compliance with internal control and risk management policies
- Conduct periodic risk management education and training
- Coordinate the compilation and continuous review of a detailed transaction process flow for all key activities in the organisation and define control measures to ensure compliance
- Provide an independent view regarding proposed business plans and transactions
- Implement policies for internal control/ inspection and evaluate risks in operational activities.
- Ensure that all allegations of financial irregularity, fraud and corruption are promptly and fully investigated.
- Facilitate company-wide risk assessments and monitor priority risk areas across the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare periodic risk assessment reports for Management and
- Board Risk & Compliance Committee providing update on status and departure from established policies, procedures and other exceptions.
- Ensure effective alignment between the enterprise risk management process and the internal audit process.
- Create a culture that emphasizes the business’ commitment to internal controls, risk management and ethical standards.
- Ensure an effective internal compliance team is fully functional and all control measures are adhered to.
- Maintain a centralized reporting system that captures and records any breaches in compliance.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory instruments, codes of practice, and organisation policies, and ensure adherence
- Investigate all breaches and near breaches of all regulations and statutes and report material breaches in compliance as required as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, and so on)
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting may be preferred
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification may be beneficial
- Proven risk advisory or corporate governance experience at a senior level
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulation.• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Knowledge and Assets and Liabilities management (ALM)
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV