ConsultancyGrants Advisor for Options Consultancy
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International.
We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need.
We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed.
This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last. Our headquarters is based in London, UK with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Nepal.
The UK Department for International Development in Ghana (DFID Ghana) funded Disability and Mental Health Programme which this role will contribute to, aims to support people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities, neurological and substance use conditions (MNS) to improve their health and wellbeing and ensure they are engaged, empowered and able to enjoy improved social and economic outcomes and rights. The four key outputs of the Programme include:
- Stronger policy, leadership, resources and governance systems that respect the rights of people with disabilities, including people with mental health disabilities
- Scaled-up quality, integrated, disability inclusive community-based and recovery oriented mental health and social services
- Reduction in negative and discriminatory attitudes, behaviours and norms against people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities
- Evidence generated to inform policy, practice and enabling environment
Summary purpose and objective of role
Options Consultancy seeks a Grants Advisor to lead the overall grants component of the programme. He/she will lead a team to assess, oversee and manage grantees, including supporting the development and delivery against work plans and objectives.
The Grants Advisor will be accountable for ensuring that the grants component of the programme cohesively connects comprehensive technical assistance and the overarching programme approach to the grants and grantees. Grantees will be CSOs, with a particular focus on Disabled People’s Organisations and Self-Help Groups, as well as research institutions.
The Grants Advisor will ensure best practice is in place and that all grants are in line with Options and the designed programme management approach. The technical division of the grants team (under the Grants Advisor’s direction) will support grants to organisations for community-based initiatives, advocacy, campaigns to reduce stigma and discrimination, and operations research.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Grant management experience, particularly with CSOs
- Experience on the development and implementation of programmes within the health sector in Ghana
- Excellent financial and people management skills
- Experience in designing and coordinating delivery of CSO capacity building plans
- Experience in setting-up processes and procedures, and communicating these to external audiences often in remote locations
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting and programme control
- Proven experience in risk and change management
- Experience in Knowledge Management, including peer to peer learning
How To Apply
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Grants Advisor) in the subject header.
- Closing date: 31 May 2020: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities