French Mission Officer
Under the authority of the Councilor for Cooperation and Cultural Action (COCAC), steer the policy of linguistic and educational cooperation in order to promote the interests and influence of France.
Within the framework of the policy defined by the ambassador and the counselor for cooperation and cultural action.
1. Promote and support the teaching of French to public institutions: the Ministry of Education and its operators, universities, public service.
– Design, negotiation and implementation of bilateral cooperation projects: annual or multi-year action plan to meet identified needs (training, seminars, resources for teaching and learning, support for educational activities)
– Definition of a promotion strategy for the French language; support for the consolidation of the status of French within the education system and institutions.
– Monitoring linguistic and educational policy, writing notes.
– Contribution to the development of bilingual class experimentation, to the strengthening of the FOS and certifications in French
– Relay of the programs of the Ministry and its operators (French Institute, etc.)
– Support for the actions of the association of French teachers and other associations for the promotion of French
2. Follow-up of the Alliances Françaises lycée français system, French university centers, in terms of teaching the French language.
– Monitoring of university cooperation alongside the ETI and under the authority of the Cooperation Advisor
– Logistical and educational support for VIA activities located on the campuses of the universities of Accra and Kumasi
3. Support for La Francophonie
– Monitoring of relations with the OIF and support for the implementation of the Linguistic Pact;
– Coordination of the annual Festival with French-speaking embassies.
– Participation in the Donors Education sector group
4. Setting up and implementing projects
– Administrative and financial monitoring of files related to the position (FSPI funding, partner grants, etc.)
– Budget preparation as part of allocated envelope;
– Response to calls for projects if necessary.
Mobilization as needed on other priority files for the SCAC and the Embassy.
Holds a Master 2 (Linguistic policies, Training engineering) or a doctorate appreciated for the dialogue with university partners
Confirmed experience in FLE / FOS didactics and in training engineering
Desired experience in driving international project in the field of linguistic cooperation
Good knowledge of the French education and university system.
Fluency in English (level C1 of the CEFR) and ability to negotiate at a high level in this language
Knowledge or mastery of one of the 9 national languages with official status in Ghana will be an asset (twi, ga, éwé, dangme, dagaare, nzema, gonja, dagbani, kasem
COMPUTER SKILLS: practice of office software (Word, Excel), appreciated knowledge of ICT (digital education)
SPECIFIC COMMENTS oN tHE pOSITION: Constraints a professional abroad Due to its cross and responsibilities, this position requires rigor, organization, responsiveness and high availability
situation in Ghana is very stable with no particular security issues. Most modern infrastructure in Accra
Please send your CV and LM in French (word or pdf format) to the contact indicated by email, imperatively specifying the reference of the offer in subject of the email (VIA.
Any application file sent directly to the Embassy / SCAC will not be accepted Letters of recommendation and other forms of intervention will not be taken into account
Applicants summoned for interview will be required to travel to the premises of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Paris, even in the event of Residence abroad
The international volunteer must have a service passport before leaving, see eligibility conditions: http://www.civiweb.com/FR/le-volontariat -international / the-conditions-of-VIA.aspx