Full TimeEngineering Superintendent – Pastefill & Material Handling for AngloGold
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Engineering Superintendent – Pastefill & Material Handling.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Superintendent – Pastefill and Material Handling is accountable for the development and implementation
of Material Handling plants (Conveyors-underground and near shaft banks, Crushers and Chutes) and equipment and Pastefill Plant Maintenance and minor projects through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’ control
- Provide technical input to the Maintenance Manager Underground for inclusion to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Reduce energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Establish the Pastefill and Material Handling Engineering team required to support the role holder in executing the project
- Ensure the organization structure is capable of delivering the Mine Services maintenance strategy
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Verify that supervisors complete the skills matrix and maintain up-to date
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan
- Advice and guidance to the refurbishment project team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering and construction outcomes to meet approved design specifications.
- Review, approve and sign-off of the detailed Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Deliver infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost and quality risks.
- Support interface management with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Liaise with the Manager Planning to develop maintenance planning and management outcomes.
- Manage Pastefill Plant and Material Handling interaction with respective refurbishment installation contractor and an AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Provide major inputs to Maintenance Manager Underground to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the Underground engineering/maintenance throughout the operation.
- Develop the Pastefill Plant and Material engineering aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the Mining, Mine Planning and Mine Engineering teams including localization plan.
- Implement the approved organizational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the Engineering and Mining departments to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure the work carried out by the underground Pastefill Plant and Material Handling Engineering team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment at optimum cost
- Ensure execution of Safe and Efficient Maintenance of Pastefill Plant and Material Handling infrastructure
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
- Ensure all subordinates are competent in the utilization of the SAP asset maintenance management system to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the procurement team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the Pastefill and Material Handling Infrastructure
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or Equivalent
- Strong management and leadership will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Materials Transport and Conveyor Maintenance Supervisor with over 10 years’ experience in underground mining.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body (e.g. Ghana Institution of Engineers)
- Strong materials movement and conveying competencies in underground mining
- Excellent knowledge of conveyor and belting maintenance/ replacement
Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 22ND JUNE, 2020.
Upgrade your cv here