Full Time Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor – Process Plant.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor – Process Plant reports to the Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent and is accountable for executing tasked plant electrical and instrumentation installation and maintenance work items. This position will support technicians to execute work tasks falling in day shift and night shift callouts, in a safe and compliant manner as instructed refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Process Plant.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation.
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Dewatering equipment, when required.
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding electrical and instrumentation tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required.
- Supervise the execution of electrical, instrumentation and automation refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Assist the E&I Superintendent – Processing Plant to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for processing plant electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Maintain fixed plant assets in the Process Plant. This involves maintaining all electrical and instrumentation systems relating to Crushers, Conveyor Systems, Pumps, Ball and SAG Mill, Vibrating Screens & Feeders, Cranes & Hoists, Cyclones and Tanks. PM inspections, disconnect/reconnection of motors, programming of VSD’s, PLC’s, maintaining the integrity of the operating environment of all electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Assist the Engineering Technical team to implement energy management initiatives or projects. Liaise with Electrical and Instrumentation Specialists regarding future installations and supply capabilities.
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution on the Electrical and Instrumentation aspect.
- Refer to schematic drawings and relate these to fault find issues with electrical and instrumentation equipment. Update drawings and give feedback to respective Engineering Technical Team.
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report.
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for new build/ maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Carry out work cost effectively.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment fabrication work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programs and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Electrical and Instrumentation equipment as per requirements.
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the E&I Superintendent on issues and identify and execute improvement projects.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists high risk or unsafe to be used.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of BSc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Certification in PLC, SCADA and Automation systems
- An experienced Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance Supervisor with 7+ years’ experience in, preferably, process industry
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
- Member of a recognized Professional Engineering Body
- Must possess Supervisors Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana
- Strong knowledge in PLC/SCADA system troubleshooting, preferably Rockwell Automation’s Contrologix, Logix Designer and Schneider’s Unity Pro XL and Wonderware
- Advanced knowledge in Variable Speed Drive programming and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience on Industrial Electrical and Automation projects and maintenance will be an added advantage.
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 31ST JULY, 2020.
How to ApplyCLICK ME TO APPLY
43 total views, 1 today