Full TimeDevelopment Manager for FOCOS
FOCOS mission is to provide comprehensive, affordable orthopaedic care to those who would not otherwise have access to such treatment.
In particular, FOCOS seeks to enhance access to optimal surgical and non-surgical care for patients with disabling musculoskeletal disorders including complex spine deformities and pediatric orthopaedic problems in underserved regions.
It began as a dream of the founder to see the best care reach the underserved in his native country, Ghana and the sub-Saharan region.
- Support the overall development process, strategies and fundraising initiatives in collaboration with FOCOS USA staff and board and the Ghana development team.
- Research and identify grant opportunities and industry trends.
- Create, oversee and maintain a proposal calendar/schedule and adhere to deadlines.
- Facilitate the activities for the preparation of grant proposals, such as research, interpreting and drafting the information needed, finalizing and submitting.
- Maintain relationships with key existing and new donors (donor cultivation) and target potential new donors.
- Ensure gifts from foundations, sponsors and donors are properly recorded in the donor management system (e.g. DonorPerfect) and followed up with timely information, reports and updates.
- Create, process and mail/email thank you letters, donation and pledge confirmations, reminders, receipts and acknowledgments, and other donor communications as required; utilizing automated systems when possible.
- Monitor campaigns and communications regularly (i.e. email, direct mail, crowdfunding, individual and sponsor gifts and pledges, employer matching contributions, etc.).
- Help provide oversight for the donor management database; monitor campaigns, contributions and communication, help manage data integrity, and help handle requests from donors regarding their records.
- Support the content creation, management and distribution of quarterly newsletters, annual reports, social media initiatives and other periodic communications that keep supporters updated on key happenings, accomplishments and milestones of the organization.
- Help proofread and manage media creatives for events and other initiatives and assist in curating images.
- Help handle volunteer inquiries and help coordinate hospital visits.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge regarding non-profit organizations to help keep FOCOS in compliance.
- Represent FOCOS at meetings, conferences, and workshops, identifying synergies and developing partnerships and alliances as appropriate.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience with at least two (2) years’ experience in business/international development.
- Experience in proposal development including proposal/grant writing for corporate entities’ CSR programs (required) and international development organizations (a plus).
- Experience with USAID and other donor procurement processes – solicitation, tracking opportunities and application requirements (a plus).
- Experience in project management and working with budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to take on responsibility and be accountable for tasks and objectives.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Gathering, monitoring and compiling information.
- Knowledge in non-profit sector.
- Experience in relationship building and working in partnership with others.
- Responsive and proactive.
- Professional, polite and attentive.