Consultancy Consultancy, Business Development Manager
Rainforest Alliance is a legally registered organization in Ghana, with an office in Accra, Kumasi and sub-office in Western Region. Its main activities in Ghana are in the cocoa sector and extend to other agricultural commodities and the broad field of sustainable land management.
Rainforest Alliance works across the West Africa region, with field-level activities in Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
- Project: Rainforest Alliance-Olam Partnership for Livelihoods and Forest Landscape Management in Western Ghana
- Reporting to: Project Manager, Rainforest Alliance, Accra
- Location: Ghana (Western North Region)
- Period of consultancy: 50 days (Average of 10 days from August – Dec 2020)
- Manage the implementation of diversification strategies within the landscape.
- Aid the LMB to engage private and public companies to demonstrate viability and profitability of the project
- Develop and manage Post- P4F Project Management Plan in coordination with the LMBs and project partners.
- Design and maintain internal control systems for the LMBs
- Conduct research to identify off-takers for “One Village, One Enterprise” produce within the landscape.
- Research into other business opportunities and viable income streams beyond One Village, one enterprise model to sustain the activities of the LMB.
- Develop and implement Post- P4F Project Management Plan in coordination with the LMBs and project partners.
- Support Olam Accounts department for the disbursement of interest free loans to Purchasing Clerks and farmers and update the LMBs on overall loan portfolio.
- Prepare repayment report and share with LMB to track and support lagging Purchasing Clerks and farmers.
- Scout and arrange meetings with prospective landscape investors
- Increase visibility of the LMBs using appropriate media; meetings, workshops and communicating activities of the LMBs and manage farmer expectations.
- Draft and review contracts including off-taker agreements for the LMBs
- Work closely with Rainforest Alliance´s Project Manager to ensure Rainforest Alliance´s Key Performance Indicators are achieved;
- With the support of the project manager develop a case study focusing on farmer diversification.
- Consultation: Consultant is expected to interact with key stakeholders to gain a good understanding of the project.
- Review of documents: The consultant will review all the relevant documents pertaining to this project.
- Financial management procedures
- Loan disbursement and repayment report
- Private and public sector investment engagement reports
- Case study in Farmer Income Diversification
- Post- P4F Project Management Plan
Required Skills or Experience
- Suitable qualification in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce. Agricultural-Economics and related degrees.
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience conducting administrative duties preferably related to farmer cooperative or small and medium sized enterprises.
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Experience of applying professional skills in Western North region and of working with smallholder cocoa farmers in the Sefwi landscape.
- Speak fluently in the local languages (Twi) and write proficiently in the English language, with good communication and presentation skills (oral and written);
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Stakeholder management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
Criteria for selection of offer
- Combined scoring method will be used. The qualifications and methodology will be given a 70% weight and the price offer will be weighted 30%. The qualifications and methodology will be weighted as follows:
- Educational/professional background expertise in developing needs assessment and investor plan (evaluated by reviewing submitted documentation of background and samples of previous work): 25%
- Proposed methodology for the completion of services: 25%
- Qualifications of key personnel: 10%
- Expressed ability and commitment to deliver against deadlines: 10%
How to ApplyHow To Apply Price Proposal The applicant should submit detailed price quotation. The financial proposal should be calculated in US dollars ($), including all taxes and duties. Please note that the contract price will be fixed regardless of changes in the cost components. Recommended presentation of offer Technical proposal not exceeding 10 pages which includes the Consultant expertise and track record and proposed methodology/ approach and implementation plan and compressed CV. Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line- Business Development Manager Proposal, should be received by July 18, 2020. The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
76 total views, 1 today