Contract Communications Officer for Women First Digital (WFD)
Women First Digital (WFD) is a social enterprise comprised of three online platforms (descriptions below) that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible.
Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services.
The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
1. HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking to hire a Communications Officer for our safe2choose.org platform whose scope of work is inclusive of, but not limited to the following.
Overall Objective: Promote safe2choose online visibility, increase traffic to the safe2choose website, and improve user engagement across social media channels.
- Develop marketing/communications plans for safe2choose that encompasses both online and offline activities to promote and further develop the safe2choose website, branding, and online visibility;
- Create, manage, and evaluate social media content, with a specific eye towards regional audiences, partnership collaboration, and potential campaign strategies;
- Develop information, education and communication (IEC) materials that promote the safe2choose services in the form of innovative posters, brochures and promotion materials;
- Contribute to monthly blog posts on topics relating to abortion or global sexual and reproductive health;
- Contribute to website content creation according to SEO recommendations;
- Work in close collaboration with our Digital Strategist and SEO analyst to manage and optimize our online and print media presence;
- Coordinate a global team to collect regional focused content and develop local strategies
- Coordinate the content creation team constituted of graphic designers, animators, and translators.
- Identify and work with external influencers
- Analyze monthly results for reporting and revision of communication strategies
- Monitor safe2choose analytics
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in communications, marketing, advertising, or any related field combined with relevant work experience;
- Experience with social media marketing, digital marketing, and external stakeholders and influencers desirable;
- Previous experience working in global health, women’s health, women’s rights, or social justice is desirable;
- Established strong partnership networks in the sexual and reproductive health space preferred;
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- Independent access to a working computer and reliable connection to the Internet.
- Ability and flexibility to work across various time-zones and with different cultural contexts;
- Excellent understanding of cloud-based document platforms;
- Demonstrated strong organizational, intercultural communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent writing skills, active listening skills, creativity and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to travel for work.
Contract Type and Term:
This is a full-time position. This is 5 months contract (until 31st December 2020) with possibility of extension.
52 total views, 1 today