Full TimeCLO for AFD
AFD local office in Accra is a team of 17 professionals originating and managing a portfolio of development projects (loans and grants) implemented by the Government of Ghana, Ghanaian State-Owned Enterprises, and other Ghanaian counterparts (banks, NGOs, research centers, etc.). AFD started its activities in Ghana in 1985 and has since then committed close to EUR 1.5bn for the financing of strategic infrastructures (energy, transport) and socio-economic projects (private sector financing, sustainable cities, agriculture) in Ghana.
Access to reliable and clean electricity has been at the heart of AFD’s mandate for the energy sector. Supporting the Ghanaian government’s energy policy, particularly in search of a low-carbon development trajectory, both in terms of production and transmission of electricity, remains a priority for AFD. Major initiatives currently supported by AFD in this sector are (i) the rehabilitation of the Kpong hydroelectric power station by the Volta River Authority (project to be completed by Mid-2020), (ii) the strengthening of Ghana’s electricity transport network owned by the Ghana Grid Company and its regional integration (ongoing), and (iii) the financing of small to medium scale renewable energy and energy efficiency projects through credit lines and technical assistance support to local financial institutions (starting). While maintaining the same areas of intervention, AFD also wishes to renew its activities in Ghana, putting emphasis on the promotion of gender equality and adaptation and mitigation of the effects of climate change, in line with the SDG agenda.
What will be your role?
Based in Accra and reporting to AFD Country Director in Ghana, the successful CLO will be in charge of developing and monitoring AFD’s project portfolio in the energy sector in Ghana. He/she will ensure sector watch and coordination with other Development Partners, and participate in various cross-cutting activities such as communication, strategy development, and implementation of climate finance initiatives.
More specifically, the successful candidate for the position will be in charge of:
i. Energy projects in Ghana:
• contributing to the identification, appraisal, execution and monitoring of a project portfolio, in liaison with AFD headquarters;
• developing relationships with public and private partners involved in the projects;
• representing AFD at meetings and working sessions with external partners;
• drafting and updating project monitoring documents (technical and financial execution dashboards, project completion reports, activity reports from the agency);
• controlling the compliance of project implementation with contractual provisions and AFD rules and procedures (updating legal files, controlling disbursements, controlling the proper technical and financial execution of projects);
• preparing and participating in field missions with counterparts and headquarters teams;
• preparing half-yearly credit risk reviews.
ii. Coordination and sector watch activities:
• participating in multi-donor working groups and feeding AFD’s analysis of developments and challenges in the energy sector (production of synthetic reports);
• preparing and updating sectorial notes.
iii. Cross-cutting activities:
• contributing to AFD communication activities;
• drafting AFD strategic documents, with regard to his/her field of competence;
• Monitoring AFD and external partners’ climate finance initiatives, and identifying opportunities for their deployment through AFD local office in Ghana.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with:
– Ghanaian nationality or a valid Ghanaian work permit;
– Masters degree or equivalent post graduate qualification in engineering, economics, finance, or any other relevant field;
– At least 5 years-experience in the energy sector;
– Good knowledge of the Ghanaian energy sector environment;
– Fluency in English;
– Good communication and writing skills;
– Sound negotiation and collaborative skills, as well as ability to work independently with little supervision;
– Very good team spirit;
– High sense of integrity and confidentiality;
– Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work experience with Development Partners or International Organizations and working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
Why join Agence Française de Développement?
Joining AFD means contributing to building a world in common, it is the mandate of our Group. A world in common is a world that preserves and defends these five main common goods: the planet, the social link, peace, partnerships and economic prosperity.
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV
104 total views, 1 today