Cleaning Staff Member (Housekeeper)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100
countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of
areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities in Ghana cover three priority areas: Climate and Energy, Just Transition; Sustainable Economic Development, Training and Employment, and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
- Participation, Accountability and Integrity for a resilient Democracy (PAIReD) – The PAIReD programme supports key state and
civil society actors in building up capacities to implement a citizen-oriented, integer and accountable governance on local and national level.
- A special focus is placed on improving tax policy and tax management for a fairer and more sustainable mobilization of revenue and strengthening the regulatory capacities of the public administration for a more accountable and transparent expenditure planning. Furthermore, the capacities of state institutions for uncovering and prosecuting cases of corruption and money laundering are strengthened and competencies of civil society and media for their participation in accountability processes are being improved.
- Ensure that the office premises are clean and orderly.
- Run errands and complete other tasks in order to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Set up and prepare the conference rooms as instructed.
- Checks office supplies and restocks office items.
- Carries out minor repairs as required to keep office equipment operational.
- Reports damage to office areas and equipment and support in maintain them.
- Cleans the office premises, rooms, furniture, carpets and windows.
- Experience in gardening.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Secondary/High School education.
- A minimum of three years’ professional experience in a comparable role, with references.
- Ideally, a basic knowledge of English.
- Ability to act sensitively in handling and disposing of potentially important documents.
- Reliability and good organisational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing.
- A team player.
Location: Accra & Tamale
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2024/HK/06/02 and your preferred Location/Duty Station. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful. GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply
Closing Date: 13 February, 2024