Full TimeCivil & Earthworks Supervisor for DRA Global
Civil & Earthworks Supervisor
The successful Civil & Earthworks Supervisor will be responsible for all on-site management- discipline-specific;
- Safety, Health & People Management
- Quality Management
- Schedule Management (Plan, control, co-ordinate and monitor construction activities to meet the overall project program and key activity dates)
- Materials Management
- Construction Management
- Documentation management and reporting
- Ensure that erection is completed timeously and complies with the specifications, terms, and conditions of the contract and project plan.
- Confirm all reinforcements, cast-in items, and shuttering are correctly erected and placed prior to casting of concrete.
- Ensure civil slabs and building layouts are surveyed and correct prior to work commencement.
- Ensure correct casting of concrete including slump test confirmation, vibration compaction, and logging of test cubes.
- Photographically record each step of all major civil and earthworks processes.
- Complete handover documentation in accordance with the site QC procedure.
- Receive grout release documentation from SMP contractor and ensure grouting is carried out in accordance with the specification.
Key Performance Areas and Indicators (Responsibilities):
- Ensure knowledge of civil and earthwork supervision & specifications and standards.
- Ensure that the scope and area of responsibility is fully understood.
- Ability to interpret the construction drawings and models to ensure that construction is carried out correctly.
- Manage the onsite constructability methodology for all major construction activities.
- Assist with providing solutions for any construction-related technical issues.
- Be aware of all labour legislation as well as to DRA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that contractor scope is fully understood.
- Manage the contractors’ activities in accordance with the construction schedule.
- Manage contractor manpower, plant, and equipment requirements to meet construction objectives.
- Ensure that contractor daily diaries are current and correct.
- Manage the Site Instruction process in accordance with the procedures.
- Manage the construction quality in accordance with the site quality control procedure.
- Ensure that the approved contractor quality plans (QCPs) are being used and signed off.
- Ensure construction works are carried out as per project specifications, standards, and drawings.
- Ensure that the quality requirements/checklists as detailed in the DRA Project Construction Procedure are being implemented.
- Ensure that quality critical equipment is in sound working condition.
- Ensure that Contractor quality records and documentation (site QC data book) are kept current.
- Initiate punch lists and coordinate the completion of punch list items.
- Coordinate the updating of as-built drawings.
- Ensure open and honest communication with the Contractors and suppliers.
- Report on progress and deviations against the project schedule.
- Report on all construction and technical matters to the Construction Manager and Discipline Engineer.
- Maintain communication channels at all times with the site team including the other discipline supervisors.
- Encourage positive and constructive morale and atmosphere across the site.
- Understand the contents of the DRA SHE specifications, Mines Health and Safety Act (Act 29 of 1996), the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act 85 of 1993) as well as any specific legislation of foreign countries that may be applicable, and ensure compliance.
- Implement and maintain the SHE management system on site.
- Manage the plan task observations in accordance with the PTO schedule.
- Ensure that hazards and risks are identified in all construction activities.
- Focus on the elimination of unsafe acts, and ensure that unsafe conditions are rectified.
- Final approval of all risk assessments.
- Identify and communicate shortcoming and corrective measures to DRA SHE specifications.
- Ensure that all works are conducted in accordance with the approved project environmental and social impact assessments, plans, and legislation.
- Assisting the construction manager to perform his duties in terms of mine legislation and SHE procedures.
- Report safety deviations in accordance with the project safety reporting procedure.
- Is committed to the success of the project.
- Shows pro-activeness (i.e. prevents rather than solves problems).
- Has a positive/can-do attitude.
- Shows initiative.
- Takes ownership for personal development (within the industry through registration and within the company).
- Values innovation and diversity of ideas.
Formal Qualification Required
- Technical diploma or degree – Civil discipline is essential
- SHE Management Courses is essential
Professional membership is required with a professional body i.e. SACPCMP.
Job-Related Experience Required
- 10-20 years’ work experience is essential or Technical Diploma or Degree in Civil discipline with 10 years of solid construction project experience.
- 10-20 years’ applicable experience in EPCM or Main contractor with experience outside of Ghana (Project and Mining Experience).
Mode of application
Interested applicants should apply with CV to the address below not later than 9 June. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
DRA Ghana Ltd
C/O HR Department
NOTE: To ensure that an applicant is a native of the local community, all local applications must be supported by the initial confirmation of citizenship, ENDORSED by the Chief, a nominated Assemblyperson and the Youth Leader of the applicant’s community, and must be delivered to the Main Newmont Security Gate not later than the stated date.