Full TimeChief of Party for John Snow Inc.
Chief of Party
John Snow Inc. is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide.
JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
- Job Location: Tamale Ghana,
- Purpose: To support nutrition activities in selected districts of the Northern Region of Ghana.
- Closing Date: June 12, 2020
- Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
- Oversee the development of annual, integrated strategic work plans for the project.
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and foster an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
- Oversee project start-up and all aspects of technical and operational project management of USAID Advancing Nutrition in Ghana.
- Lead the development of detailed implementation plans, based on annual strategic work plans. Lead the overall planning, coordination and technical direction of activities, including strategic planning, work plan and budget development.
- Oversee production and dissemination of quarterly, annual, and other ad hoc reports on activities and results, capturing project performance and impact.
- Recruit and manage a team with the quality and technical capacity necessary for successful implementation of project activities.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect between team members.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews. Take prompt action to address issues of underperformance and any other issues influencing professional conduct.
- Contribute to team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Oversee and manage technical consultants hired by the project.
- Work with JSI branch management to ensure consistency across projects.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in compliance with the USAID Advancing Nutrition contract, Mission expectations, JSI, and host country rules and regulations.
- Manage financial resources ensuring compliance required by the organization and donor.
- Manage relationships with donors, clients, partners, stakeholders and Advancing Nutrition HQ. Coordinate and provide technical assistance to in-country partner organizations.
- Engage with key Government Agencies at central (e.g. NDPC) and district level, as well as other stakeholders in particular to support the implementation of USAID Advancing Nutrition in Ghana.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the multi sectoral nutrition issues (i.e. health, agriculture, social protection, WASH, etc.) in Ghana and key policies and government priorities.
- Travel domestically to project sites (minimum 25%), and internationally as needed.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline; an advanced degree in medicine, public health, or nutrition preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in maternal, newborn and child health, including nutrition or related fields.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex public health programs required.
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded agreements or contracts preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with U.S. and host government agencies, ministries, donors, civil society and CBOs.
- Demonstrated success across the whole range of project management: strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight; oversight of program monitoring and evaluation; report writing; and documentation of results for USAID-funded programs.
- Superior leadership, management and communication skills.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with strong presentation skills. Ability to prepare and disseminate project findings, success stories and other documents effectively.
- Proven ability to supervise and mentor staff from different cultures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Fluency in English required.
How To Apply
Applications should be marked ‘CHIEF OF PARTY’ and forwarded to Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for submission is June 12, 2020.
- JSI will only contact short-listed applicants.
- No phone calls accepted.
- Please note: Position will be based in Tamale. There will be no relocation allowance for successful candidate.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV
107 total views, 1 today