Full TimeChief Financial Officer for AMSCO Development Solutions Ltd
Chief Financial Officer
AMSCO Development Solutions Ltd, is a leading private healthcare group in Ghana focused on the urban poor. Today, the company serves over 250,000 clients annually through a chain of 6 networked clinics, a diagnostic services company, and a wholesale/retail pharmaceutical business.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is passionately committed to providing quality and affordable healthcare services to a large client base.
As an integral member of the company’s leadership team, the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) reports to and directly assists the CEO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to management of finance, strategic planning activities, investment analysis and implementation, accounting, tax, legal, and organizational administration and support, as well as, to ensure necessary and effective controls and procedures remain in place to safeguard all company assets and resources.
The CFO is responsible for all the functions related to the financial operations of the group. These responsibilities include the accounting, insurance, financial systems, and auditing of all departments. CFOs gather and analyze all the financial data and information to make sure the group is operating within budget and to determine how to allocate funds to various areas
Additionally, the CFO shall have direct communication and support responsibilities to the CEO on matters relating to shareholder relationships such as tax planning and compliance, company structure, and Board of Directors reporting, communication and follow-up support.
The CFO must have proven written and verbal communication skills along with ability to be a proactive leader and contributory member of a highly professional and motivated management team.
Key responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities of the CFO shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
Financial Management Operations and Analysis:
• Ensure credibility of finance and accounting team and function by providing timely and accurate comparative financial performance reports, analysis of budgets and financial forecasts and profitability analysis, cash flow planning, and development and management of both immediate and longer-term financing strategy and on-going management.
• This includes the internal financial reporting systems, overall process and flow of responsibilities to ensure safe-guarding of confidential information, and the timely and accurate reporting and support of ongoing company operations and growth.
• Facilitates communication among staff, management, vendors, and other financial resources within the organization. Manages the cost-reporting process and understands financial impacts. Provides guidance to capital equipment purchases and negotiate payment terms.
Preparation of Annual Budget
• Responsible for the operating and capital budgets, including revenue and expense budgets, cash forecasts, profit planning, and programs for capital investments and financing. Furthermore, accountable to report on the Company’s annual budget and ongoing trend and variance analysis of business performance. Key examples include support and coordination with team heads of all clinics in the preparation and analysis of assumptions and projections in development of the annual income and expenditure budgets.
Management of External Professional Relationships
• Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with key accounting, tax, auditor, insurance, banks, investment community and other service providers. Play key coordination and accountability link role with Board of Directors. CFO will additionally assist the CEO in the ongoing support of external NCHS legal relationships and activities.
Tax Planning and Compliance
• Manage and coordinate both internal and external advisory services efforts to optimize the ongoing tax obligations of the company under its current structure and organization. Collaborate with the legal & tax consultants to establish future ventures and entities that might become part of the group.
IT & Related Skills
• ERP experience with preferred solid hands-on experience in use and management of ERPs to include skills in team coordination, implementation and ad hoc team support and trouble shooting.
Company Policy and Procedures
• Develop & operationalize group accounting policy & procedures manual as defined and agreed by executive management needs and in accordance with best practice to support, protect and optimize on-going growth of NCHS and ensure standard application across the current business units (clinics)
Work Experience Requirements
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in financial planning, reporting, personnel management, investment analysis, budget planning, accounting and tax compliance
• Supervisory experience and a demonstrated ability to develop and lead others
• Experience in health insurance claims management (preferably NHIS claims)
• Successful experience managing a budget of at least GHS 10 million
• MBA, graduate, or Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or other relevant field (or equivalent employment and learning experience)
• Chartered Accountant
Knowledge, skills and core competencies:
• Strong alignment with company’s organizational mission and values
• Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities
• Ability to be self-directed, take ownership, and see projects to completion in a timely manner
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to extract meaning from numbers and present analysis clearly and concisely
• Strong project management and organizational skills with a record of developing and strengthening systems and processes
• Ability to work collaboratively, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals
• High-level knowledge of internationally and locally accredited accounting practices, including intercompany transactions
• Effective negotiating and contract management skills
• Proven ability to link and apply complex financial instruments to business strategies
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the group
How to apply
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Click Here to Upgrade Your CV