Full TimeCable Bolt Operator for Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”)
Cable Bolt Operator
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Cable Bolt Operator. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi.
Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- The incumbent shall report directly to the Shift Supervisor and be responsible for carrying out cable bolt drilling, installation and other tasks as directed in a safe and efficient manner for underground mining.
- Drill, grout and cut off continuous drilling cable
- Set up rigs on laser and collar points and drill holes according to plans.
- Set up rig correctly on a given mark up for cable bolt holes
- Plates and tension cables
- Keep all equipment clean and serviceable
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience, three (3) of which have been in the operation of Sandvik DS421 machines in underground mining industry.
- Must have excellent knowledge of underground mining practices and be skilled in operating underground cable bolt machine.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Must have an appreciable knowledge on the principle of cable bolt drill operations and be able to drill up and down cable bolt holes.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
- Ability to workday and night rotation.
How To Apply
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com before or on 20th June 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
83 total views, 1 today