The Inter-Africa Bamboo Smallholder Farmers Livelihood Development Programme of is a programme of the International Bamboo and Rattan Organisation (INBAR) that aims at harnessing the potential of bamboo to contribute to poverty reduction, women and youth employment, environmental protection and south-south cooperation in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The program seeks to develop an interactive knowledge management web-interface that could serve as a repository of knowledge products, manuals, data and information produced by the programme as well as capacity strengthening platform for south-south cooperation.
INBAR is seeking to engage a software developer or firm on a short-term basis to develop an interactive and flexible integrated web and/or mobile interface to support the project to facilitate the compilation and sharing of the programme information, outputs and indicators across project countries.
The is expected to support the project team to organize, store, analyse, visualise and use all the data collected to monitor and evaluate (M&E) project progress.
Components of the Knowledge Management System
- The proposed web and/or mobile interface will consist of two main components: a Public Interface (accessible to all users) and a Secured Private Interface (access restricted to Inter-Africa Team members and community stewards).
- Together, the two components aim to: (i) Develop a knowledge management system – that contains the knowledge products from the project and also linked to INBAR blogs, YouTube and other social media platforms. (ii) Monitor and evaluate progress at the country level and project level by developing an activity dashboard with indicators.
- A GPS-enabled data repository system that allows staff members to log in and upload field data remotely from the different target countries.
Web Developer Terms of Reference
- Work closely with the Project Manager and projects technical staff members to develop an integrated online knowledge management system that enables the collection of project output data effectively using a mobile device or computer system; upload knowledge products, create a centralized database and associated web platforms for communication and knowledge management
- Develop an application with end-to-end platform for the project staff members, local community (stewards) and partner agencies to gather, update and use the data. The technical elements of the system are Data collection, data transmission, database management system, information processing and analysis and visualization.
- Conduct training for project staff members, identified community (participatory stewards) and partner agencies on data collection, data transmission, management, analysis and visualization in four beneficiary countries – Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana and Madagascar.
- Handholding and on-line technical support during the initial six months.
- Facilitate management of database during the initial six months.
Web Developer Required Skills or Experience
Specific Requirements & Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience in User Interface and Experience design, working knowledge of how to design for HTML, CSS, XML, and/or CMS platforms;
- Experience with web intranet design projects;
- Good understanding of new and evolving collaboration and interactive platforms;
- Strong layout and design skills;
- Prototype development using any prototype model.
- The following qualifications are required for all development team members: (i) Familiarity with web server environment and setup, knowledge of hosting configuration; (ii) Familiar with a mobile responsive website and web deployment; (iii) Good communication skills; (iv) Strong work ethic, ability to be self-directed and self-motivated; (v) Advanced university degree in computer science, information systems, or a relevant field is desirable; (vi) Fluency in English.
You might also like:
How To Apply
- A detailed technical proposal of an integrated knowledge management system including a calendar of activities (not to exceed 5 pages);
- A detailed financial budget;
- CVs of the consultant or team members.