CDF Canada is an Ottawa (Canada) based international development organization building prosperity in communities around the world. We work with local partners in Africa, Asia and Latin America to establish and grow community-owned co-operatives to help people achieve more prosperous, self-reliant lives.
- Position Location: Ghana
- Reports to: Regional Coordinator, VOICE Program Manager
- Contract Term: 2 year, with possibility of extension
- Status: Full time, fixed-term contract
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Travel Requirement: locally in country, and on occasion within Africa
The Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF Canada) has received a multi-year grant from Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The project is entitled VOICE for Women and Girls, CDF Canada will implement the project in Malawi, Kenya, Ethiopia, Ghana and Senegal. The aim of the project is to strengthen the performance of developing country partner organizations to advance gender equality and economic empowerment of 50,000 women and men from marginalised communities. VOICE will harness the knowledge, capacity, and expertise of 235 skilled Canadian volunteers and 28 South-North volunteers to assist Developing Country Partners (DCP) improve their performance, advocate for gender equality, and implement more sustainable, innovative, and inclusive initiatives of services particularly for women.
The Country Project Manager is a key position within CDF Canada project team, with volunteer supervision and in-country implementation of VOICE. The Country Project Manager works closely with international volunteers, partner organization, beneficiaries and reports to the Africa based Regional Coordinator and the Ottawa based VOICE Program Manager to provide leadership in project implementation, coordination and monitoring overall performance. She/He is also responsible for the management of relationships with implementing partners, beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and other stakeholders.
The Country Project Manager leads activities around sustainable capacity building for country partners and beneficiaries, as well as reporting compliance and monitoring of the project to focus on achievement of project goals and objectives.
As a successful Country Project Manager, you will ensure that activities and the project align with the overall objectives of VOICE and the Annual Workplan. The Country Project Manager will also be responsible for identification of new opportunities and oversee program and proposal development.
The Country Project Manager should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision and possess the ability to manage staff, teams of volunteers and understand the needs of beneficiaries. This position will need an outgoing individual who is comfortable working in a team-oriented setting and possess the ability to work with a diverse group of people. In addition to these capabilities,
- Manage the project life cycle, including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Support implementation of the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF).
- Support collaboration between the project team, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Support efforts to strengthen policies, mechanisms, and legal frameworks that protect, respect, and promote women and girl’s rights
- Play an active role promoting the project and its gender equality objectives by participating in relevant meetings and forums at national and regional level. Monitor news, trends and policy developments impacting the key outputs of the project.
- Strengthen advocacy and communication skills of implementing partners.
- Support the development and the implementation of CDF Canada Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy and Procedures.
- Prepares project reports as needed.
- Ability to manage Canadian volunteers deployed to the country.
- Provide volunteer orientation and training.
- Ensure volunteer safety and security.
- Manage the work of volunteers deployed to partner organizations, including their scope of work and activities.
- Liaise with implementing partners to jointly develop volunteer scopes of work.
- Monitor volunteer activities and outputs.
- Maintain regular communication with Head Office about any volunteer issues that may arise.
- Create an enabling environment for volunteers to be able to perform their duties with implementing partners.
- Be attentive to volunteers and encourage them to take part in the planning and development of new projects.
- Ensure volunteer monthly timesheets and reports are submitted to headquarters on a in a timely manner.
Funds and Budgets
- Understanding of budgets and financial reporting.
- Work closely with other partners, vendors and financial supporters in developing, maintaining and ensuring adherence to budgets.
- Review grant proposals.
- Generate reports on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis as required.
- Contribute to Annual Work Plans, Mid Year and Annual Reports, Mid Term and Final Evaluations.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Analytical multi-tasker who consistently meets deadlines.
- Adapt well to change over the scope of a project or program
- Experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, and business development.
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming, innovation and environmental sustainability. Apply project management knowledge regarding development, staffing, budgeting and scheduling
- Researching grant proposals and funding opportunities
- Developing relationships with various community, governmental and other non-profit organizations to raise funds and awareness and build resources
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Knowledge of other regional languages is an advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Strong understanding of financial management and budgets.
Application Process and Deadline
- Applications must be received no later than November 23, 2020.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants must include cover letter and resume.
Please reference the job title “VOICE Country Project Manager” in the email subject line and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted!
CDF Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.