TERMS OF REFERENCE
PRODUCTION OF SHORT VIDEO DOCUMENTARIES
The USAID Sustainable Fisheries Management Project (SFMP) is a 7-year intervention (2014 – 2021) funded by USAID. The project seeks to rebuild targeted marine fisheries stocks through the adoption of sustainable fisheries practices and contributes to the Government of Ghana’s fisheries development objectives and US Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. Over the last seven years, the project has successfully carried out several interventions in pursuit of the project goal and objectives.
As part of documentation of the project’s legacy for the fisheries sector, the SFMP seeks to engage the services of a video documentary production company with strong full service capabilities, to produce a number of high quality, 5-8 minutes videos documentaries, highlighting the SFMP’s successes, lessons learned, and challenges. The selected provider will be required to undertake scripting, shooting, editing, production and post production formating. The specific issues and project sites to be captured are located across all the four coastal regions of Ghana. The final products must be compactible with multiple media platforms (TV, Web, etc)
- To produce THREE integrated and professional short videos spanning five to eight minutes in documentary format that are issue-based and highlight the successes, lessons learned and challenges of the SFMP.
- Produce 5-8 minutes documentary on SFMP’s successes, lessons learned and challenges on policy and legal reforms in the fisheries sector.
- Produce 5-8 minutes documentary on SFMP’s successes, lessons learned and challenges on post-harvest value chain improvements, access to finance and gender mainstreaming in the fisheries sector.
- Produce 5-8 minutes documentary on SFMP’s COVID-19 Response activities.
Documenting the SFMP’s legacies will involve travel to the project implementation sites in the Volta, Greater Accra, Central and Western Regions. The vendor will be required to bear the costs of their travels and accommodation arrangements.
- Produce THREE (3), 5 to 8 minutes video stories on a series of topics/areas relating to SFMP’s achievements with English subtitles. For an example see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4AMWT0WRc All videos must be produced in accordance with USAID branding and marking protocols
- Develop overall concepts, scenarios, storylines, scripting, and storyboards for all video documentaries. These will be developed in consultation with the client, and will be reviewed and approved by the client.
- All raw footage captured in project areas under this activity should be submitted to SFMP although not included in the final product.
- Interview multiple stakeholders including officials of the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development (MOFAD) / Fisheries Commission (FC), SFMP’s implementing partners, fisher organizations, civil society groups, SFMP technical staff and any other individual or representatives of partner institutions as requested by SFMP. The vendor will be provided with introductory letters to facilitate the interview processes.
- Capture and edit raw video footage for producing final video in a form that is suitable for multiple television broadcasts and other media
- Present preliminary product for review and inputs by the Client
- Present and handover completed/final documentaries to USAID/SFMP by March 15, 2021
Thematic Areas, Persons/Organisations,and Locations (This list is subject to possible change)
- Familiarity with USAID branding and marking protocols
- The successful vendor must be able to turn out videos in a limited time span, on timeline provided, and within agreed costs.
- A full team of videographers, scriptwriters, directors, editors, post production formatting and finalization.
- Ability to work with project technical specialists.
- Ability to produce human-interest stories. Vendor must have excellent story telling skills.
- Experience with producing high-end development communication video documentaries from conceptualization to final product.
- The selected vendor must be flexible and available to regularly meet with the SFMP’s production team
- The Selected vendor must be open to multiple revisions in the review process.
The timeline for producing the THREE complete 5-8 minutes video documentaries will be approximately one and a half months and must be completed on time.
Interested vendors should send technical and financial proposals, draft execution timelines as well as business registration documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close on Wednesday January 27, 2021.
NOTE: There will be an information session on Friday 22nd January 2021 at the SFMP conference room from 9am to 10am to answer all questions relating to this RFQ.
Please call Linda on telephone number 0506339207 before 21st January 2021 to register.