Gold Fields Ghana is seeking to appoint an experienced and qualified individual to the position of Unit Manager – Health Services.
Reporting to the Health Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for health policy and strategy implementation, driving regional initiatives and practice in key areas such as health informatics, healthcare regulations, healthcare technology and service agreements.
Unit Manager – Health Services Key Responsibilities:
- Recommend and provide input to Occupational Health and Risk Management strategies, plans, objectives and Code of Practice for the Gold Fields Ghana Operations
- Provide leadership across the Ghana Operations and to external service providers in the field of Occupational Health, fostering and developing a culture of effective and proactive occupational health across all Ghana Operations
- Maintain effective communication between all external service providers and employees involved in Occupational Health
- Set the agenda for all operational Occupational Health initiatives and oversee appropriate policies, strategies, plans, structures, procedures, processes and resources
- Interpret surveys and create benchmarks, identify key control points and perform continuous evaluation to track progress against plans, and coordinate best-fit practice sharing across sites
- Inform senior management of relevant Occupational Health issues and projects, offer advice and recommend specific actions
- Set the agenda for programs and activities aimed at providing employee wellbeing assistance to all employees of Gold Fields and its associated contractors
- Manage occupational health, primary healthcare, Gold Fields Mutual Health Insurance Scheme and emergency medical response internally or via external service providers
- Any other related duty assigned by the Health Services Manager
- Formal medical qualifications, i.e. a degree in Medicine (MB ChB) or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as General Medical Practitioner in the extractive industry, mining sector preferred
- A further qualification in Occupational Medicine will be an advantage
- Have extensive knowledge of and insight into the relevant Mine Health and Safety Acts, Occupational Health and Safety Acts, Workmen’s Compensation Act, Workmen’s Compensation Regulations, (L.I 546) National Health Insurance Act, Public Health Act and other relevant Occupational Health related legislation
- Have a good understanding of common extractive/mining related occupational health issues
- In-depth knowledge in ISO 14001:2015 (Environment), ISO 45001 (Safety), ISO 27001 (ISMS) is desired
- Exhibit excellent computing and reporting skills
- Have an appreciation of ethical issues in occupational health practice and a broad insight into occupational health and environmental issues, especially in a remote Africa environment
- Be an assertive goal-orientated self-starter with good interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Be stress-tolerant
Interested persons should apply using the link below:
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 October 2020
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
Qualified females are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.