Treatment Plant Supervisor
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To cover the requirements associated with the waste water and potable water treatment plants including safe monitoring, operating, maintenance/repairs and environmental protection to ensure quality and compliance.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
Repair and Maintenance
- Supervise electrical and mechanical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the maintenance planner.
- Ensure safe operation of pumps, motors, air compressors/blowers, and related machinery and equipment.
- Ensure all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with Ghana Water Company (GWC) /EPA and ISO regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, storm water and sludge management.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical faults and provide guidance for repairs.
- Diagnose whether to fix or replace machines and components.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining daily work and prioritization schedule.
- Coordinate with the maintenance planner and assign short-term tasks to other Technicians, as necessary.
- Degree or relevant certification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in electrical or mechanical maintenance.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to work independently and to take initiatives.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- To supervise operation and maintenance of potable water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of plant operations
- Have the ability to descend and climb a maximum of 15 treads ladder to access system tanks and water condition.
- While performing the duties of the job, employee will occasionally work in confined spaces.
- The employee is required to work safely with hazardous materials such as chlorine and caustic soda.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newmont.com.