The Transport Coordinator ensures the company fleet of vehicles are maintained and in good condition at all times.
- Manages the organization’s transport unit and its assets to ensure cost effective processes are deployed to aid productivity.
- Develop and implement fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies.
- Manage the efficient allocations of vehicles to all divisions to facilitate productivity.
- Maintain a database of all vehicle life cycle related documents. That is purchase & transfer vehicle documents, maintenance related cost, insurance, vehicle assignment documents, disposal related documents etc.
- Develop, monitor and manage an effective process
- of dispensing fuel to company vehicles.
- Develop and manage a preventive maintenance schedule for all company vehicles.
- Maintain a database and effective management of spare parts stock and assets in the fleet unit
- Develop and Maintain strong stakeholder work relationships with all approved maintenance workshop/transport agencies/insurance. This will include workshop visits.
- Run periodic report via the fleet and vehicle tracking system to ensure vehicles are used efficiently contributing to high productivity and prevent abuse.
- Maintain a database, manage and track all parcels dispatched to and from the company to ensure safety and prevent mismanagement of parcels.
- Manage the operations of fleet in the regions and oversee activities through regular visits to the regions.
- Ensure drivers are consistently up to date on road regulations, drive defensively, hold the required driving qualifications and their driver’s licences are valid.
- Generate report per planned cycle or as and when requested for.
Required Skills or Experience
HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering as well as in the area of Humanities, Social Sciences, Administration.
A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience. This is a MUST.
Knowledge of vehicles and Vehicle/ transport management, regulations and practices
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The applicant must demonstrate the following skills and abilities
- Strong administration skills
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful and polite
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be punctual and flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
How To Apply
- Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for the advert is 15th December 2019
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com