Transition Guides (Peer Educators/Facilitators)
Camfed is an international non-profit organisation established in 1993 with a mission to multiply girls’ access to education and accelerate the benefits to individuals, their families and communities in Africa. Camfed works to tackle poverty and inequality by supporting girls to go to school and succeed, and empowering young women to become leaders of change. Camfed invests in girls and women in the poorest rural communities in sub-Saharan Africa, where girls face acute disadvantage but where their empowerment transforms communities.
Camfed was founded simultaneously in Zimbabwe and the UK in 1993 and currently operates in Ghana, Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Zambia with offices in each country as well as in the UK and USA. Camfed Ghana started operating in 1998 and by 2016 was active in 31 districts and 860 schools, having supported 67,362 students to complete secondary school.
CAMFED Ghana is looking for young graduates (age 18 to 30) to work as Transition Guides (Peer Educators/Facilitators) for a selected group of young women. The contract is for two years and applicants must be willing to work in a selected District in Northern, Savannah, North East, Upper West, Upper East, Bono, Bono East, Ashanti, Greater Accra and Central regions of Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma or degree holder
- Must have completed National Service
- Must have the passion to work with young women and also be able to mentor them
- Must have good leadership, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate the values and ethics in relation to promoting child protection, gender equality, commitment, urgency and dignity
- Women preferred.
How To Apply
- Interested applicants should complete the application via http://bit.ly/tgrecruitment
- Kindly ensure to update your current CV, highest educational certificate and national service certificate.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Recent jobs in Ghana you might like:
Senior React Developer – Remote at Toptal
Lecturers / Assistant Lecturers at Ghana Institute of Journalism
Assistant Estate Officer / Assistant Librarian Ghana Institute of Journalism
Administrative Staff (Registry) (6 Positions)
Director, IT Services at Ghana Institute of Journalism
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.