Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project.
The project is supporting the implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS).
In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern areas since 2011 and is preparing for the 2020 IRS campaign.
• For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary position for Logistics Assistant at each of the districts below.
Candidates residing in these locations have an added advantage. Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 months
DISTRICT OPERATIONAL SITES
Kumbungu – Kumbungu
West Mamprusi – Wungu
Mamprugu Moagduri – Kubori
East Mamprusi – Gambaga,
Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri/ Yunyoo-Nasuan – Bunkpurugu
Karaga – Karaga,
Gushegu – Gushegu,
Tatale Sanguli – Tatale
Prior to recruitment, selected candidates will go through training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Logistics Assistants will be supervised by the District Operations Coordinator and also report to the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
Responsibilities of Logistics Assistants
• Manage all inventory received for IRS in the assigned district on a daily basis.
• Prepare weekly logistic and supply needs tracker for each operational site of the district.
• Supervise management of the district store rooms to make sure they are in compliance with the best warehouse and inventory management practices
• Prepare logistic requests and follow up on the requests
• Prepare monthly logistic status reports
• Work closely with store assistants to serialize insecticide
• Work closely with store assistants in the assigned district to ensure proper inventory movement documentation and sufficient supply of materials at all times during IRS campaign.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and supply or another relevant field
• Previous experience in logistics management is preferred
• Good communication, negotiation and analytical skills
• Team player able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Must be computer-literate with good understanding in the use of MS office applications
• Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage
Location: Northern Region
How To Apply For The Job
Select a preferred district from the list provided above and state it in your application letter. Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered. Submit an application letter and CV by ONE of the methods stated below. Do not use both methods to apply: Email application to the following address:
Please indicate the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the VSO office of the SSNIT Road Junction Kalpohine Estates, Tamale.
Closing Date: 13 December 2019
Note: Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply