Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve livelihoods.
- Job Title: Team Leader (TL)
- Location: Brong Ahafo (Bono East & Bono) and Ashanti regions, Ghana
- Deadline to apply: 25th September 2020.
- Duration: 2 weeks of training and 13 weeks of field work
- Desired start date of training: 7th October 2020
- Language requirement: Twi and/or Dagaare
- Job Code: EP-EL-TL-20
A recent study run by IPA suggests a promising way of lifting people out of poverty. The study, published in Science, was a six country, 21,000 person randomized control trial which found that a multifaceted “graduation” program led to sustained improvements in income, spending and wealth, even after the program ended (Banerjee et al. 2015). Additionally, this program led to improvements in people’s mental well-being, and their perceived status in life.
Escaping Poverty Project is aimed at studying the Mental Health and Living Standards of households.
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Team Leaders (TLs) will oversee survey field activities including managing a team of Surveyors, tracking field finances, supervising daily survey activities, survey monitoring and writing daily field reports to the Field Supervisor. Team Leaders will also keep records; including survey tracking, surveyor attendance and project expenses. Team Leaders are responsible for maintaining high quality data collection.
- Supervise approximately 4-6 Surveyors and ensure adherence to IPA survey protocols;
- Ensure that data collected is of high quality
- Evaluate the performance of field staff under his/her supervision
- Managing field finances and logistics, including reconciliation and distribution of respondent gifts to survey teams
- Verify that Surveyors have interviewed the right respondents;
- Conduct frequent and random spot checks in the field
- Report all problems immediately to the Field Supervisor and Field Managers
- Submit timely feedback to the Field Supervisor and Field Manager
- Maintain good relations with IPA, partner organizations and project participants.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have Higher National Diploma (HND), first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one-year field/data collection experience
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO is an added advantage.
- Should be fluent in English
- Should be fluent and able to translate questionnaire in Twi and/or Dagaare.
- Must have an accommodation in the district selected to work
- Should be willing to travel and work in remote communities within the project districts
- Must have leadership skills experience in similar roles with IPA or similar non-IPA project
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://ipaghana.surveycto.com/collect/tl_application_form_ep_endline_mb?caseid=
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Candidates will only be considered for the roles they applied for. Those who apply for higher positions and do not qualify for those roles will not be considered for other lower positions.
- Candidate are required to apply for all positions they are willing to accept
- Only the newest application will be considered from candidates who submit multiple applications for the same position.
Due to the high volume of applications received by IPA, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applicants are also encouraged to apply early.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that IPA will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be IPA employees or persons claiming to represent IPA should be disregarded and reported. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.